Thursday, October 1, 2009

Peace

Peace is something I usually take for granted. I feel peace while walking in my neighborhood. Peace when my kids are sleeping sweetly. Peace when Damon holds me in his arms. I am told I live in a bubble. Living carefree going about my life in bliss not worrying about what most worry about in this cold world. I go about my life with lunch dates and park playing all while Damon is keeping peace in our community. He sees more than most will in a thousand lifetimes. He helps those that cannot help themselves. The horror and hate he sees on most days are things most of us cannot even imagine yet he comes home and takes his badge off. He give me a kiss and begins to play with his boys. Pushing back the stress of his workdays and not only bringing peace into our home but laughter too.
He returns safe to us, his family, and I always say a small prayer. A prayer of gratitude he is home safe and we can continue to make memories together.

I am proud of Damon and the peace he brings into the world. I get to continue to live in my bubble of peace while he is out serving our community.

7 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Ahhh . . . such a nice post. And Damon looks so official in his police garb -- I'm grateful he keeps us safe, too.

Kerry said...

I don't think I will ever understand how Damon does what he does with such grace but we are grateful for him and others like him who strive to make our world a better place, keeping us safe, sacrificing daily and looking handsome doing so.

KB said...

Damon wrote this post didn't he? haha! Are these pics part of a men in uniforms calendar? It would rival UPS! All joking aside, (which is hard to do with Damon) his service is invaluable to us in this community. Your service of being a loving and supportive wife so that he can whole heartedly do his job does not go unnoticed. Thanks you two incredible peeps!

Tara said...

Great pix.
Proud of Damon too.

Monson Family said...

LOVE it!!! ! I don't know how he does it! Okay, I LOVE, I mean L.O.V.E. LOVE the second one! The light in the tunnel, everything! TOTALLY cool!!!!!

Moose and Family said...

(Aaron posting) "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for the nice tribute to Damon. D - know that I love you brother. I think of you and my other brothers that make up the thin blue line each day. Always remember - WE COME HOME AT THE END OF SHIFT!

Nancy said...

I love this one too!! The pictures are awesome! I like what KB said- a men in Uniforms calendar!! I can't imagine the day to day that Damon deals with in his work but I am grateful he does it- and many others like him. I'm grateful he has a safe haven to come home to and such a loving family to support him. You guys are awesome!!