Saturday, February 13, 2010
Family of 9.5
We have added a few to our house, five to be exact. Now we live with 9.5 people, 1 dog, 2 turtles, and 2 hamsters. You'd think we'd all be going crazy but guess what? We aren't! We are so thrilled to have my sister, Lanae, and her family so close a little bit more crazy doesn't matter. Chris got a new job and they were moved within a week from Texas! They will be here until they find a home which MUST be close by. I wanted a real family picture but this will have to do. My family with our new sister wife! It's wonderful. I come home from school and the floor is mopped, dished done (which we run the dish washer twice daily), and sometimes something baking in the oven or lunch made! Really, it is quiet nice. We are both able to go on dates with our husbands, get hair cuts, and run to the store kidless without any stress. It's working out perfectly!
Like most little girls, they have won over Damon's heart. He's learning about girl drama, Barbies, and even tutus! Lucy and Trevor were suppose to be getting ready for bed but instead they found their way into Damon's arms watching TV. They all loved it.
It is a little more loud, the washing machine runs constantly, and it seems someone goes to the store daily! However, I love seeing all the kids play together. My boys "helping" with Daphne. Shane likes to watch Lanae feed her. The 4 big kids running around and playing together. All the giggles bring me so much joy!
After only a few days together we were already accused of polygamy. At Chuck E. Cheese, we were starred at and I thought it was because our kids were so cute and maybe being a little too silly! Instead Damon translated the Spanish and they were talking about that man with his 2 wives!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Yay for sisters! That's so fun! (and I'm envious, I want a wife! Ha ha!) Hopefully they'll find that perfect house really close (we were plotting at playgroup trying to come up with ideas), we all agreed we'd love to keep your cute sis & adorable nieces in our ward!
Aw, you make me wish I had a sister even more than I already do! I was saddled with 5 lame-o brothers. ;)
I can only imagine how nice it is to come home to a clean house (that you didn't have to clean). She's a keeper!
I hope they find a home in our ward, too.
Sounds like a fun party over there. I'm missing my sister right now.
That sounds like fun! It's a good thing everyone gets along so well! Good luck!!
you guys are awesome!!
I am so glad that the two of you are living together! Thats the way in my mind I picture you two, living together, sharing clothes! Just like in Snow Village! I have never been fond of the fact that you two lived so far away! It just felt....wrong! Now this feels....right!! Have fun you guys!!
Looks like heaven!!! I'm so glad you are taking care of them!! We miss them SOO much!!
It is oh so fun and oh so crazy!!!! We LOVE it!!! Thanks for being so willing to house us all!!! I LOVE all the crazy looks we get...either as sister-wives or me with so many little kids! It is hilarious!!! We are so glad to be close to family now!!!
I got a chance to meet your cute sister, and her beautiful little girls! How are you? I don't think I've seen you since we've been back. Hope all is well!
That sister wife comment was too funny, can't believe people actually think it's a possiblity.
Enjoy the fun and the clean floors. I'm so glad to hear you're all enjoying the 9.5.
You have no idea how often I have wished for a wife! Even today I did! Enjoy her while you can :) haha
What a huge blessing to have Lanae and family in your home. All of you will fondly remember this time together through out the years to come. "Remember when....".
Shane and Sadie are so grown up and Trevor and Lucy are so adorable playing together.
Trevor's smile says it all.
And date nights...etc. what a blessing.
Post a Comment