Saturday, June 5, 2010
Seeing Green
Shane is obsessed. Obsessed with MONEY! He use to want to only be a police officer, but now he wants to be a police officer and a BILLIONAIRE! His favorite song at the moment I Wanna Be a Billionaire which he knows all the words to as he sings along. He wonders if Oprah will be dead by the time he is a grown-up because then he can then take her place on the cover of Forbes magazine! Shane is constantly trying to find ways to get money into his little hands. He has a job and a work shirt that goes along with it. He asks to have business meetings with his employer too. All this at the old age of 6! Good thing our friend and neighbor, Nikki, knows how to play along with Shane's madness and hires him to clean up around her house! Yesterday I thought he was being so thoughtful wanting to buy me a drink at Costco all by himself but it turns out he only wanted my change!
Cash is what he dreams of and that is what he got for his birthday! I've never heard of a little boy so excited to go to the bank! He kept asking to go DAILY! Now that the money is in the bank he can't spend it which is fine by him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a cute Bill Gates in training (although Shane is much more attractive :) ). Damon shouldn't work so hard . . . sounds like you'll be living large off of Shane's billions.
Its great to teach the value of money so young to your boys. I remember when my kids would want something and then I would remind them they had their own money to use... all of sudden they didn't want it so bad. Its way different when they think mom will pay for all their stuff :)
Post a Comment