Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fluffing his feathers!

Little Landon has blessed our lives already. He is such a joy to have around. He is instantly loved by those as soon as they place their hands on him to hold and snuggle with him. He has been my smallest little guy and I've loved having a smallerISH baby in my arms. Damon, on the other hand, like it when our babies "fluff their feathers." Yesterday we realized Landon has fluffed those feathers and while Daddy is happy he's not so fragile anymore Mommy is not so happy he's growing so much! Instead I want to always remember him curled up in a ball sound asleep in my arms. Once Landon is asleep good he is out. I could change his diaper, take him out of the carrier, put him in the carrier or place him in a bowl outside on the beach on a cold windy day and he'd still be sound asleep! I love this about him. There are a few things I absolutely love watching on a newborn baby. I love how they are born with what seems to be no eyelashes. As the days go on and their face swelling goes down out come these beautiful lashes. I think Landon like my other two boys will have beautiful lashes that the ladies will envy. Next, I love the newborn glaze over their eyes. Landon's eyes were so dark and glossy at first I could hardly see any blue, only jet black. My very favorite newborn feature is the little white dots on their nose. I love looking at them and counting them as I feed my sweet baby. Landon started out with 9 cute little while dots and as his feathers have fluffed he only has 3 left. This breaks my heart and means he is growing right before my eyes!
Gone are the days of him sleeping all day on and off with no schedule. He's starting to have more alert times and then goes down for a nap, which continues throughout our day. I still love every second I get to watch this precious baby sleep. Sometimes I just have to steal a kiss from him as he sleeps with his precious lips.

I've been amazed at this super baby's strength since he was just a few days old. The day we got home from the hospital he was all swaddled up and somehow rolled over. I didn't know this was possible but since then he has done it 2 other times! Landon has loved holding his little head up over my shoulder ever since his first week. Now he loves to lay there and look around at lights and movement around him. For now, we'll just call him super baby!

Even though his feathers are fluffed he is still my tiny sweet baby. His cry is still a newborn cry. He still smells delicious. He still needs my constant care. And he still and will forever melt my heart.

2 comments:

KB said...

MAKE IT STOP!!! NO growing, no getting bigger, no becoming a big boy!!!

Anyway, he is sure a sweet little guy! I just want to eat him up!

Stephanie Young said...

You are absolutely right about loving that little guy when you hold him. Thanks for letting us come and share him with our family. In hindsight-- it was a good thing we did come to Vegas first....someone above always knows things better than we do and why things happen the way they do.