Monday, January 2, 2012

One Little Word

Last week while at some lunch with a few friends I was reminded of the One Little Word Project. You pick a word to focus on for the year instead of a New Year's resolution and for me it is much more do-able. Although I've only done it one lonely year (2008) it made an impact on me and I believe I'm a better person because of it.
I've contemplating their selections and ideas were running through my head but nothing struck me as "this is it!" until I came across these pictures I took while in California. Now do you see that love, the joy, and happiness in my children's faces? This is something I want to cherish forever.
 CHERISH. I want to cherish each day I am given. Cherish my children. Cherish my husband. Cherish my dear friends who are always there for me. Cherish all that is good around me so this year my one little word is cherish.
 Life seems to have the fast forward speed I do not ever get use to. It seems each day is a blur but each day I want to hold dear to my heart because I cherish the moments I have with those around me.
 I want to cherish the moments and not rush it away with hopes of a quieter house and less messes. I want to cherish these boys and the love that fills our home.
 Cherishing Shane is an easy thing to do. He has a heart of gold. He has compassion and love that most 7 year olds do not obtain until a much greater age. He is charming and full of life. He protects those who need protection and love to his family.
 My Trevor is so easy to cherish too. I cherish this 5 year old full of life. He loves school and learning. He is my boy who does not demand attention but when it's given he is full of love and joy. I cherish how he continues to keep my on my toes with his wit and zest for life.
 Cherishing my baby is pretty much the easiest thing for me to do. However, he is in the get into everything-draw on the walls-smear yogurt in his hair-stage, and this I need to cherish. I cherish his little personality as he is growing. This little guys adores attention and loves people. He is my little charmer that will do anything for a laugh. He is a perfect mix of Shane and Trevor. I want to cherish his snuggles in the morning and chasing him around the kitchen as I cook dinner at night. I want to cherish this stage of life forever.
Although life is hard, life is good. I'm excited for a new year and the journey ahead with those I love and will cherish forever.

4 comments:

David Stewart said...

Great pictures and great post! Love you all.

Monica said...

hello p and p friend. :o) never read your blog before, so decided to check it out. love, love, love your photos. and your post was great, too. happy new year. :o)

Lynette said...

Love your comments, the best pictures of your boys!!!and your word CHERISH!!! I know you won't mind if I steal your word. That is the perfect word for me to carry into this New Year. Thanks for inspiring me Tricia!! ♥♥♥

Cyndi B said...

...and CHERISH your sisters and parents.