Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to Reality

After another year of leave I'm back to work and I beginning to wonder why the time had to go so quickly. I enjoyed myself. I enjoyed my kids. I enjoyed no deadlines or tests. No alarm clocks and no dressing up. It was a good year but this coming year will be a good year too. I'm glad to have a job and a job that is perfect for me and my little family. Last March the time had come to decide if I would resign or begin working again. With budget cuts and lack of funds the district wouldn't approve any shared contracts so it seemed if I went back to work it would be full time. The thought of working full time made me sick but the thought of giving up a good job in such uncertain economic times seemed foolish too. We went along with going back to work and magically a part time position was created at my old school and a perfect position it is. I'm an "interventionist" which means I help the low kindergarten kids with letter recognition and sound. It couldn't be more perfect and I'm happy to be back.

The first week back is always the hardest but the best too. New supplies, new lists, new hopes for a great year. I love it! My office isn't anywhere near being ready but that is ok because Shane and I don't start school until September 14 because we are track 1. Shane and I will go to school together and I get to work in his class daily. It's perfect even though I'll have to set that alarm again, get dressed up each day, administer tests, and be back to work!

4 comments:

Monson Family said...

I will miss being able to call you at any time of the day! But I am so glad such a perfect position opened up just for you! It will be fun to be with Shane!!! All those school kids are so lucky to have you!

Donna said...

I'd say if you're going back to work, you've got the perfect thing going. Enjoy not being there while everyone else is trying to get it all figured out. By the time you guys start, they'll have all the kinks worked out. I can't wait to hear all about Shane's first day of kindergarten. How exciting!

Pike's Place said...

Sounds perfect! By the way, have you moved? I've missed the Young family. It seems like I haven't seen you guys forever.

Tara said...

Uh, I ALREADY miss being able to call you at my leisure. :(
I'm glad that you found a position that worked out so perfectly for you! I think it might help Shane with the transition too...and be fun.
(Uh, I just read Lanae's post, and I almosted said the same thing verbatum...HAHA. Can't tell we're related, huh!??!)