It seems we haven't been home long enough this summer for me to even keep up on my blog! Once we get home from one trip I unpack, do laundry, clean the house, all just to repack and leave again! Way back in July we had a major road trip and went from Utah to Colorado and it was amazingly beautiful. We met up with Damon's family and had a blast in the mountains in a cabin all together having fun with family.

Shane loves the adventures of the outdoors. Packing binoculars to search for animals and always on a hunt for something with his cousins.

This doesn't look as scary as it was in real life! When Damon told me to come take a picture I didn't want to climb up this rock but then when I got up there and saw my death could be just a step away and my baby was up there, SCARY! However, it was a breathtaking view.


We were staying in Estes Park but one day took a day trip up to Rock Mountain National Park. We went up the highest paved road in the U.S. to 12,000 feet! We were up in the clouds we were so high!

Mountain men! Damon and Josh about the conquer the world.

Trevor was so proud of himself climbing up where the big kids climbed. Poor thing never does too well in the mountains of Colorado. Altitude sickness once again but this time I had the right meds and plugged up that little toosh!

I couldn't believe it but we were in July and there was snow, glaciers that never melt. Damon and I hiked up to the top and with that high altitude I thought I was about to die! My heart never did jump out of my chest but it sure felt like it!

Trevor had fun playing in the snow and throwing rocks with Mommy and Grandma.

Shane adores his big boy cousins. He follows them around and they teach him the ropes of how to be a big boy with being adventurous and not too cautious like he normally is! Uncle Joey brought the fishing poles and we had a blast fishing even though we didn't catch much.

We had a blast in Colorado. The kids couldn't believe it was over and time to get in the car again and head out to Nebraska!
6 comments:
Beautiful pictures...seriously, breath-taking! I can only imagine how much more awesome it was in real life!!
And I noticed you DID change your format...☺
Tricia, you seriously have the cutest little family ever! Sandals and all!
Shane is the bravest boy ever! Such beautiful country- totally worth the hours in the car. :-)
They are so precious! Seeing these pictures makes me miss you guys so much more! What a beautiful place! I am glad you guys had such a great time!
Glad to see the FUN times you had in Colorado! "Rocky Mountain High, Colo-ra-do" (John Denver) Do any of you know who John Dever is/was?
I can see Trevor's 'spark' in the picture of him with Gramma Young. He is full of life and FUN!
Shane, my boy...you are brave (and I am glad you are safe!
We'll try not to hold it against you that you were only 45 minutes away from us and didn't call!!! :)We have an annual pass at RMNP!!! Glad you had fun.
Post a Comment