Wednesday, January 20, 2010

snow much fun!

Christmas came and went and Trevor never got his wish for snowso we decided we better make a trip to the mountains for snow. This week-end Damon asked the boys if they wanted to go to the snow and they both screamed YES! I on the other hand, remember all the other years we take the boys with all the prep work to last MAYBE 10 minutes in the cold stuff, but this year turned out to be different! Trevor liked the idea of snow and getting all "cozy" to go play. He couldn't wait to sled down the hill but soon found he hated it! Look at his poor little face. Later I pushed him down a small little slope and he loved that.

Shane loved every second of exploring and playing. He ran up the hill to sled down so many times I lost track. Me, I just had to watch. Being pregnant and all I missed out on all the sledding fun!
This is the first year Shane has loved the snow 100%. Begging to stay just a little longer and playing until he was tired.
My sweet boys.


Trevor liking the hill better with dad!

This is where I stood most most of the time. I was making sure the boys didn't sled right into the tree! Snow angels were made, snowballs thrown, and sleds ridden all afternoon long.

After awhile Mr. T was done. Smiles were few and he was cold! I was happy to take him back to the car and get warm again too.

But Shane, he just kept playing and playing until his little frozen legs couldn't take him up the hill anymore.

7 comments:

Pike's Place said...

I'm reminded of when our playgroup attempting sledding two(?) years ago. Damon was pushing the boys around in a laundry basket because we forgot the sleds, Alyssa was crying, and our boys didn't last too long because it was so cold and the snow was frozen. Looks like your day was much more successful. Such fun!

Shannon said...

Looks like so much fun! Last year we didn't last too long either... maybe we'll give it a shot again this year.

Monson Family said...

Those pictures are so cute!! It really shows how much fun you guys were having. It is so fun to take them places and see how they REALLY enjoy it now that they are bigger! We can't wait to be able to go do those fun things with you guys!!!

Moose and Family said...

I love the look on Trevor's face! It looks like fun times. My kids LOVE the snow!

KB said...

It is hard to believe that the snow is so close to us! What a fun little trip! At least Trevor didn't wear his flip-flops! :-)

Tara said...

such cute pictures. glad that they were able to enjoy it longer this year! how nice of trevor to "let" you go back in the car and get warm again. :)

Lynette said...

I so loved the pictures. Such cute boys in the snow!!! I can't believe Shane was going up the hill and down by himself over and over again. What a difference a year makes. We have such fond memories from last year. Too fun!!! Great memories!!!