Friday, February 5, 2010

Vacation for Liberty

The time has come to get rid of our trusty old dog, Liberty. Allergies came with this pregnancy and my patience for Liberty is gone. She has always been an inside dog and because of my itchy body and eyes she has been banished to the great outdoors. She has not been thrilled about this so we decided to find her a new home and she couldn't be happier. The boys know that Liberty went on "vacation" to Grandma and Grandpa Stewie's house. It couldn't be more perfect. The boys can still see her and love on her and my parents can CONTINUE to take care of their daughter's animals! In the past it has been my sisters childhood animals but I guess we'll just keep the tradition going with Liberty!
The boys haven't said much about her which I'm surprised. Before she left I had to get a few pictures of Liberty while she was still our family dog!

I do wonder what I will do without a dog once the new baby starts eating food. When he tosses food onto the floor Liberty won't be around to happily clean up his mess.
Thanks mom and dad for keeping Liberty in the family. I know she is enjoying the California sun and the company of the two of you!

4 comments:

Pike's Place said...

I was sad when I heard you were getting rid of Liberty, but now I feel good about it -- he's in a great place and your boys will get to see him. Perfect! Glad it worked out.

Lyndsee Bates said...

That must of been so hard, but so nice that your parents took her! How are you with Missy??

KB said...

I am going to miss Liberty coming to greet me when I come and walking me to my car when I leave. I am so glad that you were able to keep her in the family! You are right- it will be quite an adjustment to clean up overboard food from the baby. :-) So long, Liberty!

Nancy said...

Oh! I'm so happy and sad for you! I am happy that it has worked out so nicely and that you guys will still have access to her!! She's been a good dog for you guys!! I have to agree I love the dogs with the whole baby in the high chair messes!! The dogs love the babies too!!