Monday, June 28, 2010
Birth Story
With a scheduled c-section, you don't get that exciting of a birth story! I wanted my water to break and have a little adventure but like my other boys Landon didn't want to come out either! On Monday, June 14th at 5:30 a.m. Damon and I were suppose to arrive at the hospital to get checked in and ready for our newest addition's birth. However, I turned off my alarm and fell right back asleep until Damon's alarm went off! I decided they couldn't start without me and I wasn't rush getting ready so we got there 30 minutes late. I love our drives to the hospital before the baby is born. The early morning and the excitement is surreal. Damon and I went over names and what to say if he had orange hair. We made it up to the Labor and Delivery floor and got all checked in.
When the time came to enter the operating room Damon had to rush and put our bags in my hospital room. They took me in without him and gave me a spinal block and seemed to be all ready but there was no Damon! I started to stress out and think I cannot do this again until Damon walked in and I was able to relax and be calm again. It's amazing the feeling of panic I was feeling and how quickly it went again once Damon was there. I was feeling so calm I almost fell asleep at times! I always ask Damon if they have started to cut yet and it always ends up they already have yet I had no idea what they were doing. I'll never forget when Landon let out his cry and he entered the world.
So sweet and so tender our little boy was finally here. The nurse screamed out he has red hair which after his first bath we found wasn't really red but brown. I guess the doctor accidentally broke my water and it squirted out all over! Even though Landon is my smallest baby they had a very hard time getting him out! They pushed and pulled bruising me in the process but finally got him out. This picture if my favorite! Landon's first breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
He couldn't be any cuter! Congrats! I'm so happy for you -- can't wait to cuddle him!
You. Are. Amazing. !!!! Taking pictures while you are having a baby!! Dang, girl!! You've got talent I can only dream of!!
Great great shots!!! What an adorable baby and what an amazing way to capture his special entrance into the world.
Babies are awesome!!
I love birth stories... and ond day, even if Landon doesn't appreciate it being recorded, his wife will. So happy for you that he is here and healthy. Cherish every minute with him! Can't wait to see him again.
Talk about on the ball ...you've got his birth story done and posted.
Great job. Pictures are great...and graffic.
Sigh...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the drive to the hospital too!!!
I loved hearing the story in person, but it was even better with pictures! What a sweet little baby boy- so glad he is finally here!
Post a Comment