Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First tooth lost TWICE!

Loosing teeth was a sore subject in our house. Everyone around us was losing teeth and poor little Shane hadn't lost even one until now! He will be going into second grade in a few weeks and has finally lost his first tooth! The first tooth to come in as a baby was the first tooth out and we all cheered Shane with excitement but, the excitement didn't last too long.
 The tooth was a little bloody so I told Shane to go rinse it off in the sink and the worst thing imaginable happened. Yep, that slippery little tooth fell right down the drain. Shane's beloved first tooth gone for what we thought good. The largest alligator tears formed on Shane's face and he was hysterically. I was given the Worst Mom EVER title for MAKING him was it!  He had been waiting for a tooth in his hands for years and now it's gone. I think he thought the Tooth Fairy wouldn't come if his tooth wasn't there. Daddy to the rescue and took the pipes out and found the precious tooth. I think Damon deserves Daddy of the Year Award for this one. He saved me and Shane!
 Smiles came back as the tooth was held tightly in Shane's hands. Shane immediately had to take a picture of his toothless grin and send out text to the masses and post on Facebook. It's funny that at 7 he already relies on technology to communicate excitement to loved ones. I love his little space in his smile.
 Before bed I pulled out a pillow from my hope chest that I purchased way back in the day before kids. I think it was the only item really in my hope chest. We tucked Shane's tooth in and the magic happened while he slept. He hoped for $1,000 but once he woke up was trilled with $10 and a real note for the Fairy.
 I never knew the story of the Tooth Fairy and why they need little boys and girls teeth so it's good to know now! Shane is saving his cash for something good.
Shane has entered the Lost Teeth Club. We were worried for a little while since I still have 3 baby teeth with no permanent teeth under them. We went to the dentist a few weeks ago I asked if there were permanent teeth under there and he said there are 4 right there so expect to loose 4 teeth one right after another. Guess what? The dentist was right, tooth number one is gone and just a few days later tooth number two fell out! Shane is one happy boy and $12 richer.

1 comment:

craftyashley said...

Your tooth fairy is quite generous! What a cute story for his first tooth, though!