Tomorrow is my first day back to school after my leave of absence last year. I'm job sharing with a friend who we student taught together and then taught together at our old school. Mrs. Cortney and I will be teaching 3rd grade. We had so much fun decorating our classroom we almost forgot about having to teach! Not really. I think we'll have a great year. I just hope Shane adjusts to all of this. Grandpa Young is coming out to take care of the boys while I work FT this next week. Then I'll be on my regular schedule of Monday and Tuesday and every other Wednesday. I better go pack my lunch. Teachers get nervous for the first day of school too. Wish me luck!
We had Back to School Night BEFORE school even started on Friday. We had little treasures on the desks for each kid with candy inside and a pencil that says "Welcome Aboard" to go with our pirate theme!
Mrs. Cortney's husband made this sign for our room and it says Garr, Captains Cortney and Young says, "Ye who enter will discover the treasure of knowledge."

4 comments:
Okay WOW! I haven't looked at your blog for a couple days, thinking you have been too busy so you wouldn't post anything...was I wrong! Too stinkin' cute Captain Tricia! Would we think anything less? I bet all the kids parents are thrilled to have you guys as teachers. If I walked into my kids classroom and it looked like that, I would be so excited! Good job!
Tricia - your room looks adorable. I am going to steal a few of your ideas! I love it! Yesterday the other teacher in my room read a funny book - Backbeard - you guessed it a pirate with a lot of back hair - bwhahahaha - it was a very funny book. Well I love your room and I'm sure the kids must love it too! Good job!
Thanks everyone! I am surviving the first week. We have some crazy kids but that is why I love teaching! Amy, I'm going to look for that book. Too funny.Just so you know, when you have your own classroom you can borrow my stuff!!!
Deal! I was just wondering what your discipline system is in this class - if they're misbehaving do they have to walk the plank???? Jacob and Edward's 2nd grade teacher had a "no monkey business" system and she had banana trees for each table group and each tree had a monkey for each child - if they had to be told to stop a behavior twice they lowered the monkey - if it got lowered twice they missed a recess - etc. So I really think you should make the kids walk the plank - maybe each table group would have a ship and each of them would have a clipart pirate that had to get further out on the plank until the crocodile ate them! bwhahahaha.
Think of the therapy they would need one day when the trauma of walking the plank surfaces later in their life??? LOL
My nephew is in fourth grade - and he's going to public school for the first time ever - his mom found a paper in his backpack that he had 'forgotten' to show her - it was one of those letters- the kind that need a parents signature because of misbehavior - she said What happened? and he said I got a strike against me - given California's penal code that sounds a little harsh. Okay well I'm typing and I can't stop!
Love you and your room and your blog - all are extremely clever - I guess you could say that's three strikes and I better be out of here!
Night!
Post a Comment