Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day from the Young Family! We have been celebrating all week with baking yummy goodies and parties. I can't celebrate Valentine's Day without PB cookies with a kiss in the middle and the Pretzel Hugs are too yummy.

We started the day off with strawberries and heart pancakes. I'm no Grandma Beebe with her pancake art skills but you can sort of tell they are hearts! **My Grandma would make my sisters and I ballerina pancakes when we were little girls. I remember watching her create the magic with the mix and be so excited to eat them! After we were at Grandma's we would ask our mom for ballerina pancakes and she would make us "beach ball" AKA round pancakes instead! I guess I have inherited my mom's pancakes skills and not my Grandma's!


Notice Trevor's tiger marks up his arm. He has found EVERY hidden marker in this house and has colored on walls, chairs, the desk, himself, and this morning he made me so mad because he colored all over my sheets and pillow sham in my room. It's a scrapbook marker which if I remember from when Shane was a baby doesn't come off. Everything is soaking right now! He's a little stinker, but sure keeps us on our toes.


The highlight of the day for Shane was his Valentine's Day party at school and the Valentine exchange. I guess he couldn't understand why one of the girls gave him a PRINCESS Valentine. When she handed it to him he said with dissapointment, "Oh" and put it in his bag!Silly boy.

He picked out the big heart lollipops for his friends and I had visions of making cute handmade cards by Shane but now I'm sick! I also had visions of making the "Traditional Stewart Valentine's Dinner" of heart meat loaf, pink mashed potatoes, and strawberry milk but instead opted for microwave mac and cheese so I could rest on the couch! There is always next year to start a new tradition. I don't think Shane would have liked the PINK mashed potatoes anyway! The boys little friend Ethan saved the day and gave them each a box of chocolates they have enjoyed after their gourmet dinner. Trevor opens his and says " mmmmmm, chocate!" Thanks Maren for always thinking of us.

We wish each of you a day filled with love and know that we are sending our love to each of you!

7 comments:

Monson Family said...

Yeah! That is so fun! Atleast you got to do the heart shaped pancakes! That is so fun! We did not have time for pancakes! We were running a little late for preschool as it was with them opening their little presents and all! Our kitchen has been full of treats as well! I am glad to get rid of them! Hope you feel better!

Dasdel said...

Tricia you amaze me with all your treats and crafts. And then you say you aren't feeling well !?!
Hope you feel better soon.
I really like the pretzels and hugs goodie you made, salty sweet is my favorite.

Pike's Place said...

I'm sorry you're sick!!!! Let me know if you need anything. By the way, with all the Valentine activities this week, I'm sure Trevor and Shane had a wonderful holiday even though all didn't go as planned. You're such a fun mom and they appreciate you! Just take care of yourself and get better!!!

Moose and Family said...

Your pretzels look so yummy. I would love to learn to make treats like that. Too bad the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser doesn't work on fabric. It sure does wonders for all the artwork I've had to clean off walls, tables, fireplaces, etc....

j- said...

I love the peanut butter kiss cookies! I first had them when I was in Hershey, PA on my mission, half of the city works at the Hershey & the Reeses Plants, I've never smelled anything like it- a whole city that smells like chocolate!!

I hope you feel better soon!

Jodi said...

I love the Valentine's dinner idea. I'm going to store that away for next year's Heart's Day. Sorry to hear that you are sick, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Mitzi said...

How do you make the Hugs pretzels? Those look yummy!