
Does this look familiar? Sometimes I wonder where all my time goes then I enter my laundry room with loads to do, see my sink full of dishes to do, or all the toys that need to be picked up and then I remember where my time goes. I have been a boring blogger but nothing exciting has happened in the last month or so! Lanae asked if my stove was still fixed no really wanting to know but hinting to add something more exciting to my blog. This isn't too exciting but this is what my day has been like. Too many loads of laundry to do. Weird fact about me: I LIKE to fold laundry! I enjoy it actually. I like the little piles of clean clothes, stacks of freshly bleached towels, and cute little boy undies folded all nice and neat. However, and a big HOWEVER I absolutely hate, hate, HATE to put the clothes away! I will sometimes have 5 baskets full of folded laundry to be put away because I do not like this chore. Does anyone else have a chore they secretly like to do? Fill us in!

8 comments:
I can't think of ANY chores that I secretly like to do. I really like putting the laundry IN the washer...knowing that all this dirty stuff is going to come out clean. Other than that, sorry, but no.
That picture is adorable! I LOVE it. Cute little piggies sticking out off the laundry! TOO CUTE!!! (Speaking of laundry I've got three baskets waiting to be folded. Wanna come fold it for me?) Ü
I absolutely hate to match socks. I get all anal about it. For instance, Jake has white socks, the stained ones have to go with stained and the white white ones have to match another really white one. There are several categories of a white sock, and I can drive myself crazy!
That is so cute! Did you set that up? It is gorgeous! I LOVE it! I would blow it up and put it in my laundry room! Soooo cute! I don't think there is a chore that I secretly like to do, unless blogging can count as a chore!?!
I like cleaning my little kitchen. I feel very accomplished when I'm done and everything sparkles. I hate scrubbing toilets and floors (gross)!
I love that picture!!! Too cute...I agree with Lanae to hang it in the laundry room. I secretly like to do the laundry...I like to sort the clothes and put them in the washer and dryer BUT I HATE folding them and putting them away...I wish that could magically happen. Also, I hate cleaning the bathroom...Craig and I kind of have a system lately, He cleans that bathroom and I do everything else. (but he does help with the dishes a lot...he is a good helper)
I'm loving reading everyone's little cleaning habits! I'm laughing at Dana and envisioning myself when I have yucky teenage boy socks! Right now I make Shane and Trevor both wear the same sized socks to make my life easier in folding!
Hey, Trish...it must be genetic: I love to fold clothes. I don't think I always did, but there was so much of it for 30 years, I had to choose to love it or be miserable too often. As I've aged, I think I like it 'cuz it gives me an excuse to sit down and still accomplish something...with an added benefit: I can watch TV while I do this chore. Anyway, the years of those 'beautiful piles of laundry' are past for me....but I know they are aptly placed in YOUR generations' homes. Oh, and I agree with Dana on the matching "perfectly" of socks....or a little bit stretched out one has to go with another stretched out one.
Now for me secret 'chore' thing. We have multiple trashcans placed around the house. I have one by my couch (so I don't have to get up and throw things out every two seconds). Well, the strange thing is I don't really like to see much trash in a trashcan...especially the one by my couch. So I empty it into the BIG kitchen trash VERY often....I do not like a full trash can! (I don't care about the kitchen one, 'cuz there is a lid on it) But I LOVE it the night before trash day, when all the trash cans are empty...and I get a feeling of renewal on trash day, after they have emptied our curbside trashcans. Now THAT is MY weirdness!!!!
PS Shane, I saw your "feet-ies" in the picture! Were you hiding in those clothes? Silly boy. :)
I too hate putting away the clothes after folding them. I am trying to teach my kids to put them away now. It is nice when they get older to do chores around the house. Trent likes to do the dishes now. Don't forget to come by and see my blog sometime. http://vegasbronleys.blogspot.com/
Look forward to seeing you this week at your party.
Post a Comment