Monday, May 11, 2009

Life on the Beat

A few weeks ago was take your child to work day so I packed the boys up in the car and we went to go see Daddy at work! Once the boys are older they will be able to go to work with Damon on this day and even go on calls! Super fun. We had never seen Daddy's office and the boys loved it. Damon took us around showing us off and Trevor and Shane loved the offerings of candy at each stop! The cubical was full of family pictures, Guatemalan art, and police stuff. The cases were stacked on his desk but I must say it's a clean desk. Future Detective in training. The boys already play police and have a little more advanced police officer rolls while playing. I will hear them say, "Get your hands out of your pockets." "Show me your hands!" "Get on the ground" And then the hand cuffs come out. I think most kids their ages just run around saying freeze!

Shane is so polite when he meets adults. He knows to shake hands and then say nice to meet you. It cracks me up!
Once we were finished with the tour we went out to lunch at Metro Pizza. We had fun with the other Detectives and their children having lunch and talking cop. The best part, lunch at half price because we were with men with badges!

8 comments:

craftyashley said...

Aw! That's so fun! Your boys are so polite and adorable!

Pike's Place said...

What a fun day for you guys! Damon has a very cool job -- especially from a young boy's perspective. They must have been in heaven!

Shannon said...

It sounds like a fun day for all! It's so funny your boys play police that way. Our kids sort of do the same thing, though their verbage isn't quite as advanced as your boys'.

Last year we were on vacation & managed to be unwilling witnesses to 4 police officers chasing & tackling a combative man. The tackling took place just feet from where we stood frozen & the kids got an ear full of some new words that were frequently used over the course of the next few months.

Their police-play is much more mellow now. They've stopped completely tackling/throwing one another to the ground, & now just yell "I put you under 'rest". LOL

Shannon

P.S. I enjoyed chatting with you yesterday! :)

russ said...

how fun- they must be so proud of their daddy! I'm so sad we missed take you child to work day! I didn't even realize we had:). You boys are so sweet and polite as well:)

Monson Family said...

What a fun time for everyone! That is so cute! I love that they got treats from everyone. And Shane's good manners. What a sweet heart! That's a fun place to go to work with Dad. We love you!

j- said...

So fun to have "take your kids to work" day!!! At this point it is a great thing to not go on calls (huh) --I wouldn't have wanted them there the other day when the guys lung almost fell on Damon's shoe... The advanced playing police is really very cute!!

So proud of that cousin of mine!!

You guys are so cute!!

Tara said...

LOVE your pictures. How cute are those pictures...the boys look so proud...Damon proud of his boys, and the boys proud to be at Daddy's work. TOO COOL!

Moose and Family said...

That looks like a fun time! What a great opportunity for the boys to see where Daddy works!