Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Fun

It is important to Damon and I to teach our boys about our country and why we are so lucky to be Americans. We decided to head out to Boulder City to go to the Veterans Cemetery and pay tribute to the heroes of our country.


I loved seeing all the flag and going from statue to statue teaching Shane and Trevor about the sacrifices these men and women have done for us.


We told them how Cowboy Grandpa and my Grandpas fought in WW II.



Once we were done we were hot and decided do Shane's favorite thing to do in Boulder City... GET ICE CREAM! For some reason he always want to go to Boulder City for ice cream and he loved this day to finally get some of that ice cream!


I loved seeing all the flags all in a row.




Once we got home naps were taken and then off to a neighborhood BBQ of the BEST ribs ever with great friends. We had a firework show in our little community which was really quite good but we missed a lot of the fun games because us adults were too busy eating our BBQ!

These 2 were walking around pushing a stroller and they looked like My Two Dads. Sorry, but you can't do that without making people think!


Trevor liked the one and only game we played.I love spending the day together as a family and having a good time. I enjoy teaching my boys and I hope am teaching them to respect our country by not taking advantage of where we live. I love being able to walk over to our friends for dinner and then over to watch the fireworks. Life is good.

5 comments:

MnM's Mommy said...

You are totally on the right track, Tricia. I think that it is very important to remember why we have such a wonderful holiday!

j- said...

Sounds like a great day- you have the coolest neighborhood!! I can't decide which picture I like more- "My Two Dads" (BTW Wouldn't Damon be the girly man?) or Potty Break- they both made me laugh out loud!!

Pike's Place said...

You guys certainly know how to celebrate! Glad it was such a wonderful day.

Gramma Stewie said...

Such a great way to spend Memorial Day.....great to instill in your boys (at such a young age)patriotism. And your neighborhood ROCKS!!!!!

Monson Family said...

So cute! I loved seeing your 4th of July quilt! I remember when you made that and had the intentions of using it with your family for activities like this! How fun that you are doing just that! You are so cute and so is your sweet little family!!!! I LOVE it!!