Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Enjoying Fall

Living in Vegas there aren't traditional seasons. It's more like Summer and the rest of the year. We decided to take a little week-end trip to Duck Creek in Utah to see the Fall colors. When we got there Saturday the weather was perfect. A chilly Fall day but not too bad. Damon took the boys fishing, but we had no luck. Shane is Damon's sidekick and loves watching him and helping him fish. They walk around the river looking for the perfect spot and enjoy being together. I love watching them. I usually watch from afar because Trevor and I are off doing our own thing.
Damon in his element.

Trevor loves to hold the pole for a few seconds and swings it around and then he is off!


This time Trevor and I collected leaves. They were beautiful falling from all the Aspen trees. Then we spent the rest of the morning throwing rocks into the river. Doesn't sound too adventurous but we both love it!
Shane could last all day out at the river fishing with Daddy.

Shane loves to get behind the camera and take a few pictures too.


Once we fished for awhile we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Young. There were on a little vacation and we decided to all spend a few days together. It was great to spend some time with them! We had a yummy picnic and along with a fire and smores then decided to look for some Fall colors and made it to Bryce! By this time it was getting cold and our Vegas boys don't deal well with the cold!

I think the last time I was here I was about 15 years old. It was beautiful.

Damon and I left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa for a little bit so we could hike to the top to see the view. It was amazing but my camera battery died! It's fun being together even if it's just a short 20 minute hike! The next day we woke up to windy and cold weather! All the leaves were falling and soon so were the trees! The mountain men AKA Damon and Larry had to move a fallen over tree out of the road so we could drive. What an adventure.
After driving through an aspen grove and seeing and hearing this giant pine tree fall right in front of us we decided it was time to get out of there!

Another great week-end together with those I love. It couldn't be better and I always look forward to our next adventure!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

We loved our time together!! Hiking, smores, Bryce and a slumber party....couldn't be better. Thanks for the beautiful pictures Tricia.

Monson Family said...

Crazy that so many trees were falling! I guess you were there to hear it!! ;) What a fun get away! I love that you and Trevor always pair off and Damon and Shane. That's how it was for us too, but now with Daphne it is a little thrown off.

Pike's Place said...

You guys are the perfect example of family togetherness and fun!

Dasdel said...

What a great little get away. gorgeous pictures. I wonder if Damon and Shane didn't catch anything because of the rock throwing that was going on, just kidding. Love the bangs Tricia, you look super cute :)