Monday, January 11, 2010

Our Little Peanut

Patience is something I lack when it comes to surprises. So when it comes to finding out the gender of our babies I can hardly wait! This being our last little one I couldn't wait and we didn't! With the boys being off in sunny California on vacation from Mom and Dad Damon and I decided to make an appointment with an ultrasound studio to find out what this little peanut was and clear as day....
It's a boy!


Yep, there is no mistake we will have one more little guy running around our house! Some may remember my first ultrasound with Shane. Tears poured out when they said he was a boy and not a girl. I was devastated thinking of all the nasty boy things that would consume my life! Six years later I hear the same 3 words, "it's a boy" and I cry again, but this time tears of joy! I am thrilled! Another little boy to hold my hand and love me always. We'll have more forts, adventures, cars, and dirt. Best of all 3 brothers running around and having fun together!
He is perfect in every way. There was something so magical when we found out this time. It was very spur of the moment and just Damon and I. The ultrasound tech was so kind and lets us stare at our little guy as long as we wanted. Damon and I smiled and laughed for days just thinking about our newest little baby.

Like all my boys he is measuring big. At 12 weeks is was 3 days bigger then he should just like Shane always was at the beginning. The only problem, I may have cheated 3-4 days when I told the doctor the last day of my cycle so I could pick the perfect due day! If I hadn't he'd be measuring a week big, YIKES! We cannot wait for June 14th to come so we can hold this little guy.

Another boy and we couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, I would have liked a little girl to dress up and play barbies. Then I think of the tears and drama girls bring to a house and quickly realized I am enough drama for any house! I will always be the princess of the house. It makes me smile to think one day I will have three little boys in my life to love and cherish me as I am now blessed with three boys whom I will forever love and cherish!



20 comments:

Stephanie Young said...

We are so excited at this household for your newest addition and like I told Joe -- we can sing the "My three son's" theme song to you evertime we see your 3 boys. And you are right "the drama" of having a girl would be to extreme for Damon to handle -- Joe has his handful with his "drama queen" (and that is not me, just in case you were wondering). Again we are so excited for your new one and are happy that it is a boy.

Kerry said...

Congratulations Tricia! We are so excited for you and for June to come! Thinking of you!

KB said...

Oh, Tricia, I am so happy for you. I already told you how I feel about you having another boy, but I just think Heavenly Father knows what a wonderful boy mommy you are and couldn't resist! You are right about the drama! Congrats!!!

Chet and Kristina Cox said...

Congrats! From another mommy with 2 boys already I agree they are pretty great! So three must be that much better:) but I don't think I will be as graceful as you if I don't get my girl. Congrats again!

Bart and Kellie said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! I think it takes a lot of love to raise these crazy little boys. Some days it goes well, some days it doesn't. But I know you love your little guys, and you are such a good boy mom! Welcome to the 3 little boys club! So excited for you!

Shannon said...

YAY!! Congratulations to the whole family!

As I sit here typing this, I'm listening to my boys in the other room, making all kinds of boy noises, while my little girl screeches at the top of her lungs because she wants to play barbies instead. *sigh* You're definitely right about the drama thing! LOL

craftyashley said...

How fun! Congratulations, cutie!

Tricia said...

Congratulations Tricia!!! Thank you for so many tears of joy over these last 6 years!!! I can't believe the great pictures. He melts my heart already!!!

Jen York said...

Yay!! I'm WAY, WAY, WAY behind on even looking at blogs and just found out your exciting news! Congrats on the little one coming and congrats on it being another boy! How wonderfully exciting!! I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm a zofran mommy, too. It's straight from the heavens, I tell you! :)

Mom'stheWordnit said...

I am so happy for you! Three boys is great!! Now you can do a blog title that says "My Three Sons" and a picture frame and and all sorts of creative things...Hope the rest of your pregnancy is fun and healthy!

Donna said...

Well, you are wrong about one thing... you won't have three boys to love and spoil you. You'll have four. You can't forget Damon!

So excited for you and glad you "finally" got to find out what this sweet little baby is.

Let me know when a good time is to come by for Piggies. You can get your baby boy fix with Cole!

Nancy said...

So so SO happy for you guys!! I truly loved finding out with Tommy (Our 3rd boy) and I loved how sweet the 2 boys were with him when we brought him home. They asked practically every day for a year if he could walk yet- if he could talk yet- they would bring their toys to his blanket- and here it is 7 years later- no regrets at all!! You just have to have some snappy comebacks ready for all of the "I'm sorry's" you're gonna hear!! Love you guys!!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

YAY!! I am so with you on the boy thing. I wasnt sure if I would like having boys instead of girls, since a grew up in an all girl house! But I love it! I am so excited for you!!

Jodi said...

Yay! Little boys definitely have cooler toys (in my opinion), I should know right (one of each)? Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, hope it's all uphill from here.

Dasdel said...

Another little boy just fits perfectly! I really couldn't imagine it any other way. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly and that you are both healthy and happy on delivery day :)

Monson Family said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! 3 boys!! It will be so much fun!!!! I love seeing boys with their Mom's! You'll get that love times 3!! So cute!! I can't believe how developed he is already with the 3D one! He is absolutely perfect!!! I just love him so much already!!!!

Moose and Family said...

We are so happy for you!! Congratulations again!!

Amy G said...

Flag day is a great day for a birthday! Congrats! How exciting. I can't wait to meet him in person - that last pic of his face was so sweet!

Tara said...

you totally made me cry reading this!
i am thrilled for you! while i always pictured you the mom of girls...you are the perfect mom for boys too! i love that you will always be the princess in the house, you will always get to be the first one when they learn "ladies first"...and all the flowers trevor picks while on hikes in the mountains, will always be for you!
SO happy for you guys! CONGRATS.
and i love that last picture...is he sucking his thumb? cute!

SUZANNE said...

Oh boy, oh joy! That is so exciting! You are definitely a master with boys by now, I'm sure! Congrats on the fun news!