Friday, April 2, 2010

Just call me Mrs. Young

I was lucky enough to sub Shane's kindergarten class and boy was it fun! Shane's teacher asked me if I would like to sub while she was out and I couldn't wait. I told Shane he was going to have a substitute and she was a meanie. I told him she has put him on timeout before and even spanked him! He didn't buy it and laughed away when I told him it was going to be me, Mrs. Young! I'm never in Shane's class for an entire day so it was fun seeing the process. Actually I was the process as I taught the morning away! He liked calling me Mrs. Young and I couldn't help by having a favorite either.
The letter of the week was "F." They all worked really hard and we had a fun day together.

Shane loves his class and his new friends. It was fun having Sadie in there with us too. A typical girl, she became a little chatty and Mrs. Young had to keep her quiet! I love seeing them both in their school environment as they interact with others and learn.
I know Shane won't always be thrilled having me in his classroom but I'm enjoying it while I can. He asks me if I can teach first grade next year so I can be his teacher, but I don't see that happening... ever!

1 comment:

KB said...

What lucky kids to have Mrs. Young for a day! I would go back to school if I could have a fun teacher like you! :-)