Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mommy of boys


When I was pregnant with Shane and found out he was a boy I cried. I cried because I didn't want the nasty stuff that went along with boys. I didn't want snakes, farts, dirt, and pet lizards. I wanted pink and bows with everything sweet. I thought I knew what I wanted but thankful Heavenly Father knew me better.
 I knew I'd love being a mom. I knew they would bring me joy and happiness, but I never realized that my boys would bring me so much love and happiness on this level. Shane is my leader, which goes with being a first born. Other people like to be around him because he is confident and kind. He finds the kid no one wants to play with and makes sure they have a friend. His heart is full of compassion just like his dad.
Shanners made me a mom. He was the first little guy that stole my heart the instant I laid eyes on him. He is the first little guy to call me mommy and give me sticky kisses. Today he makes me proud because he is growing up and growing up to be a wonderful child. Although having little boys means dirt, sports, farts, pee on the seats in the bathroom, and snakes I would not change being a mom of all boys for the world. They make me laugh, feel loved, and make my life complete.

2 comments:

j- said...

Way to make me cry first thing in the morning!! beautiful post! Beautifully written! And I so get it!! Love those boys!!

Suzanne Affleck said...

Coming from someone with no boys, you are a very lucky woman. Your boys are adorable.