I worry they won't ever truly know how much they have changed my life. How all three of them made me sicker than the worst stomach bug I've ever had for 9 guiling months carrying them. I worry that they may one day forget that when I hold their hands and squeeze 3 times it means I love you. I worry that they will forget that when they squeeze my hand back 4 tight squeezes it means I love you MORE. I worry Shane may not remember how he made me a mom by being my first born and how proud I am. I worry Trevor will forget how he's my Lovey and that special bond of love we have always had. I worry Landon may not always remember how he changed our world bringing his spirit of contagious joy and happiness. I know all this worrying does no good and that everything will be just fine, but I just want to make sure my 3 little guys know they are my world.
Just so you know, Shane, is my leader. People are drawn to him because of his confidence and love. He makes sure people are taken care of. His compassion attracts others to him and I love that he wears his heart on his sleeve. He lights up a room with his smile and reminds me a lot of his Daddy. Just so you know, he makes me proud. He is the child every mom dreams about. Just so you know, I love my Shanners.
Just so you know, Trevor is my peacemaker. He wants everyone around him happy and looks for ways to make us happy. He is considerate and thoughtful. Trevor empathizes with others and if your sad will do anything to make you happy. He may seem quiet but is soaking in everything around him. He is determined in everything he does. Trevor has a heart of gold and isn't afraid to let you know how he is feeling. Just so you know, he makes me proud. He is the child every mom dreams about. Just so you know, I love my Mr. T.
Just so you know, Landon is my forever baby. He is full of joy. He can make anyone around him smile within moments of being with him. He loves people and making others happy. Landon is determined in everything he does and is persistent. At his small age of 2 I realize he does not give up easily. Just so you know, he makes me proud. He is the child every mom dreams about. Just so you know, I love my Little L.
As much happiness these 3 boys bring me I never in 1,000 lifetimes imagined me a mom of only boys. I'm all things girl. It never once crossed my mind that I would have a boy, let alone 3 of them. I never pictured the lizard tails in Ziploc bags on my kitchen table; like I found this week. Or the various balls that are scattered in my lawn. I never thought that I'd hesitate to say balls or write balls because my little boys would start laughing and say, "Mom said...BALLS!" I never knew how boys thought talking about these things were so funny! I didn't know that my life would be consumed with quads, dirt, trailers, fishing, frogs, cars, and sports. However, just so you know, these 3 boys are better than anything I ever dreamed of.
Tomorrow night at this time I will be on an airplane to Guatemala. I'll put all my worrying aside because I know these 3 little guys will be full of giggles and having fun with Grandma and Grandpa. I know these boys already know how much they mean to me because I will tell them before I leave just like I have every single day of their lives. They know they make me happy and bring joy to me everyday. They know I am blessed to have them call me Mom just like they know in 8 days I will be back to love on them with kisses and presents to give.

No comments:
Post a Comment