The last time Damon and I drove to Nebraska ( 3 years ago) we were in deep discussion about another baby. Were we ready for 3 kids? Was it the best decision for our family? All the things you talk about when adding a new life to the family. Well, we added that extra baby and he couldn't be more perfect. I cannot believe it has been 2 years. Little L has brought us so much joy and happiness in his short little life. He was the best baby and now he's a darling little toddler!
I'm always amazed at how something so little can make you so happy. I think Landon is the perfect mix of Shane and Trevor in looks and personality. He reminds me so much of Trevor with his love for Mickey Mouse. He needs a few episodes of Mickey in the morning before he can function. He sits on the couch and will pat it saying, "sit Mom, sit." He loves his snuggle time any time of the day, which I soak in every second of.
He reminds me of Shane with his charm and love of people. Landon however, takes charm to the next level. He was born with a fan club. He has lived with a gaggle of girls swarming him giving him love and attention. He is now accustom to his name being sung by a choirs of girls when he walks into a room. To him, all this love and attention is normal. When he isn't getting all that love and attention the charm comes on, he flashes that huge smile, and he blurts something out to get the attention he is use to or sometimes demands. Right now the obsessions of this 2 year old are:
- Mickey Mouse
-Shoes
- Hot Dogs
- Cars
Landon is obsessed with the song Hey Ya by OutKast. When I say obsessed I mean beyond obsessed. He wants to dance to it all day on the Wii Just Dance game. He demands listing to it on my phone all day. If we are in the car and I'm listening to something else he cries for "Hey Ya" and as soon as he hears the "1,2,3" from the beginning of the song the tears stop and the dance moves bust out!
I'm not sure if I had forgotten what it's like to have a 2 year old in the house but this little guy is full of energy. He never stops. He goes and goes. Seldom does he show signs of being tired because he doesn't want to miss a thing everyone around him is doing. This energy keeps me on my toes and constantly on the go which I secretly love. The exhaustion is daunting, however, I love having a toddler in the house to love, hold, and watch grow. As Landon grows I see his step more firm as he walks, well, runs and that baby fat melting away so I will continue to cherish each day he blesses us with as our 2 year old.

1 comment:
What beautiful pictures and message about your precious Landon. What a blessing he is in our lives. I'm also so glad you can get your posts printed because they will be a treasure to your boys!! ♥♥♥
Post a Comment