Thursday, December 6, 2007

Brotherly Love

I'll admit, I am so proud of this picture. This is really one of Shane's first drawings of people AND his first letters. You can tell which letters I wrote, the ones we wrote together and the ones he did on his own. He usually has nothing to do with letters but since it had to do with something to tell Trevor NOT to do Shane was all for it! Translation: No... Trevors (that is a picture of Trevor).

After Damon and I got back from our amazing week-end alone which by the way we had a great time. Damon kept saying why haven't we done this before or we've got to do this more often I knew we were hooked! We are planning a BIG spring break trip which I'm so excited about. Anyway, once we got home Shane wanted to make a sign for his door that would NOT let Trevor into his room (a trick I was sure Shane learned from one of Gabe's siblings over the week-end). That sign is what he came up with and he reminds Trevor all day about the sign and how he can't come in! I guess we have a bossy big brother on our hands.

Tonight we went and painted Christmas ornaments at my school. They will be fired and look pretty next week to hang on our tree which I'm hoping we will have by then! Both boys loved the painting. Trevor loved the mess and I'm thinking his will turn out better than Shane's! Trevor loved the chocolate chip cookies and loved making a mess trying to suck the chocolate out of the cookie! He has the biggest sweet tooth EVER!

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Wow...I'm the first to comment!!!! That sign is freakin' hilarious! I love it...Shane is silly. I'm glad you guys had fun on your trip. We want to hear more about it. Did you go to Park City??? Is that what I heard? If so, I bet you enjoyed the beauty of the snow! and enjoyed "staying inside" wink wink! Mom was saying she wanted to call you guys but that she didn't want to interrupt anything. Silly Lady. Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed your trip...and I can't wait to see the ornaments all done and on your tree!

Dasdel said...

I agree with Damon. You've got to make time for each other without the kids. I wasn't very good at that when my kids were young. I'm glad you have good friends that will watch your kids so you can get away.

Monson Family said...

That is the funniest sign ever!!! He did such a good job drawing Trevor! Sadie drew a spider the other day that I was really impressed with. And a dolphin. It's so cute that they are actually starting to draw things that you can understand! That is so funny...no Trevors. I can just see him reminding him through out the day! So silly. That is so fun that your schoold did that! I bet they loved it! Too cute! I am glad you guys had a fun trip!

Bart and Kellie said...

Yay! Your back! We missed you and your cute stories!

Tara said...

Yeah, I want to hear more about your trip. Did you guys just go and hang out, or did you go and do snowmobiling or anything? I'm glad you FINALLY got a weekend away!
That sign is the best. Too bad it's all bossy-big-brother...but it's classic none the less!!! And I am really impressed with his drawing skills! Allie has no patience for learning to draw things anymore...everything is scribbles. So I'm totally impressed! (Poor Trevors. You tell him that we will put a sign on our front door that says "Yes Trevors!" And he can come to our house anytime!) Ü

Jodi said...

Love the sign. No Trevors! What did Trevor do to deserve the cold shoulder?