Sunday, December 9, 2007

Santa Santa HO, HO, HO!

We are getting so excited about Santa in our house right now. It's so much fun to see Shane excited about Santa! Yesterday he asked me how Santa makes all those toys. I explained to him about the Elves and how they make presents and that they are adults the size of kids. He thought this was the funniest thing ever! He laughed so hard about it and couldn't wait to see one. We had our Ward Christmas party last night. If you can't tell Trevor was so tired! He was nodding his head during his turn on Santa's lap so he wasn't too in to it! Shane on the other hand...

Was so excited! Here Shane is at his first sight of Santa as he walked into the room. He just stood there and waved to Santa!


Shane waited in the long line. I don't know how but each year we get pushed out of the Santa line and it just takes FOREVER! Shane is a very cautious boy so I was surprised he went and sat on Santa's lap with no reservations. His excitement outweighed any fears he might have!


Shane had told me all day what he was going to tell Santa so once he got on his lap it was straight to business. It was so sweet hearing him talk to Santa. He said, "Ok, I want a red bike and I want a monkey computer. " I hope Santa heard his wishes. I keep telling him those are 2 big things he must be really good!


Santa asked him how old he was and he just held up his fingers. Today he went in the Primary to help him get use to it and the Primary kids happened to be singing in R.S. I about died when I saw my BABY up there singing with the big kids! I was a little emotional about it! Once he saw me he was making faces at me and waving- too cute!


As soon as we got in the car to come home Shane wanted to call Daddy who had to work. The first things out of his mouth was "You missed it Dad!" Damon was sad to miss it but Shane said he would tell Santa he wanted a red bike too! I love this time of year and it has just gotten better for me since Shane is loving every second of Santa, decorations, lights, and yes hot chocolate!

6 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Christmas is so much better when your kids start to care (I'm in that fun mode as well with Jayce). By the way, Shane was so proud to be up there in front of R.S. -- when I pointed you out, his face just lit up. So fun! I can't believe our boys are headed to Sunbeams. I was emotional today, too. :) The ward party looked fun -- I'm glad Shane liked Santa. Too cute!

Tara said...

Seriously, I'm lovin this post! How cute Shane is, AND the adorable pictures. Too much. Love every bit of it!

Amy G said...

How cute your boys look!

I'm jealous Santa was at your party - he hasn't shown up at our ward parties for a few years!!!

Bah humbug!

Monson Family said...

Oh my goodness! That is so cute! I love the up close pic of shane and Santa! Too cute! And the one of him waving! So cute. Sadie is still terrified of Santa after last year's xmas eve party! She is so excited for xmas and for santa to leave presents but she says she doesn't want to see santa. Too funny!

Tricia said...

What do you mean no Santa?!?! A ward party isn't complete without Santa! We have the best Santa ever come to our parties. He is an actual "retired" Santa! Bah humbug is right Amy!

Cyndi said...

Looks like a fun. That is so fun that Shane is so into Christmas this year! That has got to be the funnest thing to be around. Kids are the cutest!