Friday, February 15, 2008

Thirty Things

I celebrated the BIG 30th birthday last week. My sweet friend, Kerry, came over and gave me a bowl FULL of 30 things. It made my day, especially since I forgot her birthday a few days before!! All things I love, need, and want. It's so good to have friends that take the time to make your day special. The 30 things got me thinking about my life and where I am at 30 years. There are so many things I have accomplished and still so much I want to do. I want to make this next year something to remember so here is my list of THIRTY THINGS I WANT TO DO WHILE 30!

1. Learn to can. Not jam, I already do that. Something like peaches or applesauce.

2. Sew something. I use to love to sew.

3. Scrapbook more.

4. Get my giant shelf of pictures upstairs that I have been wanting to do for years!

5. Take more week-end trips with Damon.

6. Make apple butter.

7. Get healthy.

8. Write in the boys journals once a week instead of every so often.

9. Get my Young Impressions Photography website up and going!

10. Decorate my room and bathroom.

11. Play more with my boys.

12. Go on a nice long 2 week family vacation. I'm talking about driving long in the car and exploring our beautiful country.

13. Start the Overlooked challenge.

14. Go to Disneyland.

15. Get Shane to sleep in his own be and I mean it this time!

16. Spend more time with Damon, maybe even go on a date.

17. Take pictures on the Boulder City trains and the Neon Graveyard.

18. Go to the Grand Canyon. Damon makes fun of me because I always want to go and no one else ever wants to come including him!

19. Plant a garden. I love working in the dirt and having beautiful flowers. This doesn't really "go" in Vegas but I think I have found a spot in my front yard so wish me luck!

20. Make family and friends birthdays specail. I already failed because I missed Josh yesterday! We love you Joshy!!!

21. Take a rec class with just me and Trevor.

22. Finish up some Piggies and Paws for MY kids!

23. Start a Day in the Life album. I love this idea and have been wanting to do one for YEARS! Just scrapbooking what we did all and recording more everyday stuff.

24. Visit my Grandparents in Idaho and Damon's Grandparents in Nebraska.

25. Hand make an advent calendar. Some reason I love these at Christmas time. Some reason I want my boys to have something I made for them each year. I have 2 ideas saved, we'll see what I pick.

26. Make homemade salsa.

27. Buy a point and shoot camera so I can ACTUALLY do the photo a day challenge! I failed after the first week because I can't tote around my $3000+ camera to capture our everyday moments!

28. Take the boys to the library. You would think being a teacher I would be the taking my kids to the library kind of mom but I hate to admit it.... I have NEVER taken either of them to the library to check something out! Sad, I know. I was inspired by ElRae but now I'm trying to find/make a cute library bag like she does!!

29. Get my wedding pictures on CD. I want to play and edit them!

30. Enjoy life more. I don't want to stress about things that really aren't that important!

Long list, I know. I'm excited. I'm trying to think what I'll do first. The easiest is to order my camera so I'm off to search for the best deal online! Then, maybe I'll move on to Etsy and look for a custum bag for Shane and Trevor's library books. I kept most things simple because I actually want to do EVERYTHING on this list and I have a few weeks less of a year to do it! Wish me luck.

5 comments:

ElRae said...

Wow, what a great list! I wish I had thought of that, but now I am almost 37 and that might just be too many things for someone my age. : ) If you don't find something we might just have to make another trip to St. George to get some bags, darn it!
ElRae

Monson Family said...

you'll do it all I know you will! Great list! Those are some fun things! They inspire me! I wish we were closer so we could do them together. Like I have always wanted to make salsa! Love you! even though your 30! :)

David Stewart said...

Nice list! Fun pictures in the other posts too. Your boys are such cuties!

Dad

Vegas Bronley's said...

Let me know and maybe I can custom make them a bag out of crochet. But I love the list. Wish I was that brave to try new things all the time.

Cyndi said...

Such a good list! There are some fun things on there. The neon graveyard looks cool! I want to make a list now...well I actually kind of have one but I need to focus on it more and review it.