Sunday, September 28, 2008

i don't want to forget...

I cannot believe it. Trevor just turned 2.5 last week. Where did those 2.5 year go or even the last half year!?! I look back at his short life and I don't remember mine before him. It's hard to remember just one kid, or being pregnant, or even Shane at this age! Without my journals, scrapbooks and this delightful blog I won't maybe remember 5% of it! Sad, I know. After editing these photos from our impromptu photo shoot in Nebraska I decided I wanted to remember both boys at THIS stage in life and never forget it!

Trevor is and has always been the life of the party. He loves to make us or anyone around laugh. If he does something that gets a laugh he will repeat it, repeat it, and repeat it again! He loves shoes. Any and every kind I put on he wears. The only problem is he ALWAYS puts them on the wrong feet and likes it that way. He can't have juice- it gives him the rawest tooshie. He loves having cream and baby powder put on that tooshie too. Even if there is no rash he requests it. He could live off of Natural Cheeto's, Popsicles, and fruit snacks if I let him. He hates to have his teeth brushed by mom. Dad, on the other hand, no screams and just sits there! He drinks way too much and eats too little. He has the highest ear piercing scream ever heard in all the world...

Although he loves a good laugh, screams, and can be a serious grump I have realized more and more each day that he is a lot like his Dad. Those grumpy times are usually just because he needs attention. He needs a lot of it just like his Daddy or he gets grumpy too! This I do not mind one bit because he'll snuggle with me on the couch, always play trains, and always loves to sit on my lap as I read, "David Gets in Trouble" for the 1,000th time!

The favorite thing he does right now is he's the Nick-name Natzi! I am only aloud to call him Trevor. His baby night name of Bingz is gone now, no more baby, monkey, little bug, or whatever I call him it's gone for now because if I slip he reminds me, "I no Bingz, baby (or whatever I call him) I TREVOR! I two!"

Now for Shane, where did those 4 years go!? He'll be 4.5 next month and it seems like he was just 6 months old and learning how to sit up while we celebrated his first Halloween. As Trevor is more like Damon I think Shane is more like me. He loves to be busy with projects and loves to bake with me. He likes to know what we are doing each day and he can be a bit bossy! He gets nervous with change and that is something I have always hated! He could live off of chocolate milk and cereal if I let him. Despite how much I hate it he loves to watch Sponge Bob, iCarly, and Drake & Josh. He still doesn't sleep in his room but on his couch. He is charming. Ever since he was a baby he could charm anyone with those long lashes and blue eyes. He had learned very well how to charm me to get what he wants! He still only wears clothes if we are going somewhere or someone is coming over.

Shane is tender and kind. He likes to make others around him happy, he brings peace into my life and our home. He wants to grow-up so he can read books and drive (I hope not at the same time!). He doesn't want to go to Kindergarten because he "hates it" and wants Ms. Dolores to be his teacher 4-ever! He makes me laugh everyday and insists on ALWAYS being right.



My favorite thing about him right now is his willingness to help. He LOVES getting new chores such as taking out the trash, setting the table, or "doing" dishes. I put quote around doing because he makes more mess then he is help but I can't ruin his excitement. He got mad at me because I wouldn't let him mop the entire kitchen! I need to let him help more because I'm sure before I know it I'll be blogging about how he doesn't want to help!
Now on to the brothers! They have been so much fun together! They play, giggle and have fun together. Trevor is Shane's little shadow. He loves to do whatever Shane does. Trevor got hurt today and Shane was right there for him. He even moved up in the car to sit by him so Trevor would feel better which is huge because Shane likes the back FAR away from Trevor.
As much fun as they have together it is not always bliss. They tire of each other, Shane doesn't like a constant shadow but Trevor can hold his own! There are wrestling matches, screaming matches, and tears throughout each day but they always end and they both know they always have each other.


Better get to work my busy season has officially started! I have 2 Piggies and Paws parties tomorrow, photo shoots to plan for and the dreaded phone calls to return. Enjoy your day because if it is anything like mine it's constantly changing!







8 comments:

Donna said...

Those are some way fun photos. I love all the details. They are the best and you'll love reading all about your little guys while our memories fade even more.

Pike's Place said...

Your boys are so cute, with their own distinct personalities. Great journaling, Tricia! They'll love reading this down the road, and it's always good to jog our own memories as well.

Gramma Stewie said...

Reading this I just want to 'jump in our car' and drive up there to give these two CUTIES Hugs & Kisses (Gramma -style). I loved your "cataloging of traits" of them as individuals. What a wonderful Mom you are! Those pictures are BEAUTFIUL...well, consider the subjects: of course they are! I love their eyes...and I can just feel their personalities from these pictures! Miss you guys....

Monson Family said...

BOY DO I MISS THEM SO MUCH!!! ALL of those pictures are adorable!!! I want to mention each one because they are ALL amazing! You got such cute expressions and interactions! You have the cutest little boys ever! We love you guys!

Cyndi said...

That was a beautiful post and AMAZING pictures. You have the two cutest boys ever! I love them so much!

Erica and Curtis said...

What a sweet post about your sweet little men. The pictures of them are so precious.

Keeping Life Creative said...

Awesome photos and great journaling. Maybe sometime you should give us some photo editing tips. Like do you use actions, and whose do you like? Or do you have your own?

Morgan said...

your boys should model. they are very experienced and so cute!