Sunday, February 15, 2009

Heart Day

We sure felt the love for Valentine's Day this year. Shane enjoyed making Valentine's for his friends at school. I was lucky enough to get the cutest idea ever from my friend, Leslie! They were easy and oh so cute! If you notice his face he enjoyed some chocolate while he assembled the ipod's!
Here they are all finished! They didn't take too long but then again there are only 6 kids in his class! I had to make some Valentine's too and make these bubble baths for Shane's teacher and the girls I visit teach. Erica, I know you were out of town so I got us covered for this month! On Valentine's morning I made the boys pancakes while Damon was at work. They love, love, love pancakes! You should see my year supply of syrup!
Trevor being so serious about his pancakes!

We had a birthday party and then home for lunch of hearts! Heart PBJ, heart apple slices, and heart cheese and crackers. Trevor loved the cheese and was happy to have fun shapes on his plate! Shane only ate 2 apples and didn't want anything else.We were lucky enough to have our friends and neighbor's over for lunch. The boys have so much fun with Morgan and Shelby.And what is Love Day without sugar cookies dripping in pink frosting and covered in sprinkles. Trevor enjoys frosting only but Shane likes the entire cookie! Shane and Trevor made Damon and I each our very own special Valentine's cookie too.

We usually make sugar cookies each holiday but I love the looks of the simple pink hearts, it's my favorite!




Once Damon was home for work we had our Valentine's Day dinner. We decided to not go out since we'll be have 9 days ALONE and away in 2 weeks!!! My mom always made pink food like mashed potatoes and heart meatloaf but I was being lazy and did spaghetti formed into a heart on a plate! It's red, right?! Don't laugh at my art skills either. I made each boy a mailbox and filled it with their favorite goodies.


There they are the THREE loves of my LIFE! My number one love gave me beautiful wild flowers which are my favorite. The first year he gave me those flowers was back in 1995! I love it!

We hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day filled with love. I love that we can be together and show each other our love on Valentine's day!

6 comments:

The Wach Family said...

You are one of those "too cute" perfect moms. HOw lucky are your kids to have so much fun on Valentine's Day? Do you want to come be my kids' mom next Valentine's Day???

Three Guys and a Gal said...

I am so jealous of all the good ideas that you come up with. I am a complete dud when it comes to fun ideas!!

Pike's Place said...

So fun!!!! You did an awesome job celebrating Valenine's, Tricia!

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for having my girls over. I know I can be such a "pain in the butt"! LOL! They had a great time and loved all the fun things. They were surprised and excited to see themselves on your blog. You're the best!

craftyashley said...

You are too crafty! I love it!

MnM's Mommy said...

I'm going to have to copy your binder one day! Or just make a blog book from your blog! I NEED to remember ALL your wonderful ideas so that I can enjoy them with my girls (when they are old enough)! Sounds like a great V-Day!