As soon as we arrived into town we hit the beach for my favorite thing... a nice long walk on the beach. We just walked around collecting shells, playing in the sand, and wading in the water.
I knew the weather was going to be nice but figured there would still be a cold breeze in the air since it was February, but I was wrong! Poor Trevor got shocked by the cold water then fell down and got all wet and I didn't have extra clothes!! He stayed away from the water and even if I got too close he would scream , "No water, no water!" He also said things like, "I hate that mean water. It got me wet." "Not nice water." It was pretty cute. The weather was perfect but the water was still freezing! I about died the few times I touched it. However, Shane didn't seem to mind the numbing water on his skin! He didn't want to leave.
Somehow Damon always talks me into some adventure. I was always the girl reading the book on the beach and relaxing but now that Damon is around I have to always try something brave! Here I am scaling a rock that dropped off into the water. The picture doesn't look like the drop is far but it was!! I'm glad I went because the view around the rocks with the water crashing on us was romantic and amazing.
Damon enjoying our private moment. You can't see in the picture but there are sea lions on the rocks behind him. The kids loved it! We explored the morning away and found sea anemones, hermit crabs, shells, and crabs.
Another important stop was to see the monarch butterflies as the migrate. It was amazing. They would just hang from the tree branches. It looks like it was just dripping with butterflies. That entire orange clump is butterflies in the picture below NOT leaves! It was breath taking.
The boys liked the telescopes to look through and Trevor loved being on Grandpa's shoulders. I think almost 20,000 migrate from November to February.
We collected more sand dollars than we know what to do with! This is only about 1/4 of them and now Shane has a collection and loves looking at them.

10 comments:
How FUN!!! Makes me miss the beach just looking at all your pictures! Glad you guys all had such a good time! (You know it's a sucess when EVERYONE had a good time!)
Oh, and for some reason, to this day, sand dollars are just a "precious" treasure. How awesome to have found so many.
Horray for Pismo!
What great pictures Tricia! Your family is too cute! Love those naked bottoms!! :)
Oh, I miss the beach! Too much fun!
Uhh!!! That looks heavenly! What a great time to relax! Good job on being brave Tricia! That just makes me laugh because it is so true...you and adventure haven't really gone hand in hand until Damon! :) Now your whole life is an adventure! Umm, the naked picture, is Trevor peeing? It totally looks like it! Great pictures! I love the one of Shane and the beach in the background. Those rocks are incredible!
I feel so relaxed right now (but of course jealous underneath that). What a fun trip. I love driving on the beach that is always the BEST. And the monarchs are so AMAZING I remember going to Camino Real Park to see them migrate...it is ALWAYS fascinating.
P.S. Tricia you look beautiful in the picture of you, Damon, and Trevor.
What great shots- and sounds like the perfect trip- The only person I've ever driven on the beach with is my Grandpa Young, it was at his place in Alaska, though- and scary...looking back funny story- great laughs- since I'm alive to tell about it.
You have an adorable family Tricia!!
Sounds like an amazing trip! And the pictures are gorgeous!
STREEKERS!!!! Oh, your boys are going to love those pictures someday! :-) Just looking at these pictures make me miss living by the beach... so fun to be able to enjoy time as a family and with extended family, too.
PS It's nice to see you in a picture for change- looking great ;-)
I love Pismo! We used to drive up on the beach on the 4th of July and watch the fireworks. Great times! Great pictures by the way!
What great pictures. I love seeing the grandparents interact with the kids. What lucky boys!
Post a Comment