Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A day trip to St. George

On Saturday the boys and I were lucky enough to make a trip to one of our favorite places, Saint George! Something about this small town appeals to both me and my boys. We went to go watch Tara's kids while Jon's brother was getting married. Shane was so excited to go to the temple and walking around."Look Trevor, it's HUGE Jesus. He's here to help us!" I love that Shane takes care of Trevor.We played around on the grass and even went "bear hunting" AKA Hide and Seek.
Crazy fun having a yummy lunch and I'm sure driving all the other customers crazy!

And what is a trip to St. George without some good shopping at Roberts.


We had a great day even though it was short. We always have a blast with cousins and family. Next time Shane request we stay the night. He loves hotels and kept saying he was tired but all he really wanted was to be in a hotel!

6 comments:

KB said...

So fun! I love the "HUGE Jesus"- made me laugh out loud! :-)

Donna said...

When was the last time I saw you? Holy cow, your hair has gotten so long. I've been wanting to take a day trip to St. George for some Pizza Factory and shopping at Robert's and Tai Pan!

j- said...

Love your pictures!! Looks like a great trip!!

Jodi said...

"Huge Jesus"-what a cute comment! Love that boy.

And you are the best Aunt ever to drive 2 hours to babysit outside the temple. Props to you!

Gramma Stewie said...

She is a boy after my own heart...I love hotels too! Looks like the kids (picutre of Allie & Shane & Trevor)were in true form: silly mode!!! So cute! So nice of you guys to go up there and do that!!! Cousin time is always great. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Shane points out the Trevor that here is "huge Jesus...and he is here to help us!" Now that is a boy who has his head together (at such a young age too). I am proud of him! Looks like you had FUN TIMES and of course you got some shopping in on the side. You are awesome, honey.....

Gramma Stewie said...

Oh, and I love Shane's shirt. Was lunch at Cafe Rio? Cute picture of the boys in front of the temple and of you & your boys by the Christus statue. 143