My life is usually crazy. Running around, working, cleaning, referring fights, endless loads of laundry, filling up sippy cups, trips to the park, cooking meals but this week has been quiet. After Shane's birthday Damon's parents asked if they could take the boys back to California. Shane would miss T Ball and school but the thought of a quiet house sounded like true bliss. One week alone with my husband. We packed the boys up and planned a week of fun. Damon had to work but we still had his week-end and after work.
Kisses were given and we waved good-bye. Shane and Trevor couldn't wait for a vacation without mom and dad and Grandma and Grandpa couldn't be more thrilled either! First stop, we went to look at cars but ended up coming home with this. We love it. Not something we were planning on but it made sense to get rid of the Sequoia and not have any car problems.

Then, we planned on getting a pedicure. Something Damon has NEVER done. It would be fun and relaxing and then we would be off to lunch. The weather was warming up and a perfect day which means crime starts to pick up and ruined our day! Instead I went with my regular pedicure buddy, Julie, and Damon worked.

While I have been enjoying lunches, dinner, and fun with friends Damon has been stuck at work. Working an extra 45 hours this week! He was out solving a murder and finding justice for various victims of violent crimes getting only 2 hours of sleep one night.

Me, I made our year supply of freezer jam and went to movie. Shopped a little and hung out with friends.

Sometimes I did get a little lonely and not quit sure what to do with myself. On Tuesday I cleaned the house. We had a house full of company and I went from room to room to clean everything up. Today it still looks like it did on Tuesday and I haven't done one thing since!

No messes in Shane's room to pick up.

And no messes in Trevor's room to pick up!

I have only done one load of laundry and one load in the dish washer! This has given me time to do so many other things! I actually played the piano this week. Some times I have been lonely and misses those cute boys but I have needed a quiet week alone.
The week with my husband didn't go as planned. We didn't see shows, stay at a hotel, or get pedicures but he still got a little pampered and had his first experience with waxing! My neighbor came to wax my eye brows and Damon reluctantly waxed his neck! I will say, men are such wimps about these things.

One thing that hasn't stayed clean is my desk. I have been working away at Piggies and Paws in time for Mother's Day. I am not clean when I am busy working away so a clean desk will just have to wait!
The boys haven't missed us once and are having a blast with their Grandparents and cousins. Life couldn't be any better for all of us!
9 comments:
Okay, it is about time! I figured there would be A LOT more blog posts when you have so much extra time on your hands! Sheesh! I am SO glad you had such a great week! I am jealous of your quiet week!! I love your new car and your cute LITTLE toes! Did somebody chop the tops of them off!?! :D I am also so jealous of your clean house!! Heavenly! Ugh, and I SO need to get my eyebrows waxed! Of course the month I have a baby they grow back fast! Love you!
NICE RIDE!!! I cannot wait to see it in person.
Life could only be better if you were all together...hello. j/k I totally understand how everyone having a break from the normal routine can be a blast!
sounds like you had a great time, got lots done!
nice car too!!!
Looks like you got a lot accomplished during your quiet week...sorry so much of your hubby-wife time was overrun with Damon's WORK! Looks like you found time to shop for a new car though...looks nice. Can't wait to see it tomorrow. We had a BLAST with the boys today! Started out at the donut house, and on home to Gramma & Granpa Stewies house to try everything in the toy room at least once. And we had fun on the trampoline, horseshoes, and finding gold coins in the sandbox. The boys enjoyed Grandma's Treasure Chest prizes today too! Trevor sure is good a puzzles, isn't he? (funny, so is Lucy...if it goes with personality traits, Tara: is Allie good at puzzles too?) Those three have many similarities, so just wondering.
Previous post was NOT David, but it WAS Claudia! oppps (again)
Jealous... that's all I can say!
I would be more than happy to drop off my little Trevor Junior if you need a fix... j/k :)
I am so envious! I cant even imagine a clean house for that long...I am glad you had such a good week!:)
I was totally going to call you and have you come and join the 5K since you were kid free for the weekend, but it looks like you enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend! Good job, you deserve it!
Post a Comment