Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Best Place for Boys!

Nebraska is pretty much the best place for little boys. They run around doing boy things having their days and nights full of dirt, frogs, adventure, and bugs! Even better it doesn't start getting dark until 9:30 so to top it off late bed times too. Needless to say, my two little guys were in heaven. While in Heaven on Earth or ask most call it Nebraska guns were made out of sticks. Hundreds of frogs were caught. Some frogs were large.
Some frogs were small.

We made it home with 9 frogs. I thought most would die but all 9 lived! We bought a home and bugs and the boys loved them. Damon and I weren't excited to spend over $5 a week on bugs but it only lasted a week before the poor little guys died.

Days were spent running around with cousins and playing by the North Platte River.

Best of all one 3 year old little boy learned how to drive a car! He was proud as he drove in between those lonely roads around the corn fields.


Life couldn't be better for little boys then on the farm and in the wild. Having adventures with cousins and carefree summer days.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I love Nebraska! And I totally agree...it's perfect for little boys. It looks like you all had a great time!

Kerry said...

Your boys are the cutest things on earth. Love those frogs - big and little. Trevor driving is so cute - I have the best memories of doing that with my dad when I was a little girl. What a great trip!

KB said...

Ahhh, the Platte River, a mile wide and a foot deep. :-) I hope you kept the stick gun, that rocks! Such great family times. These will be the best memories of their lives.

Monson Family said...

You and Britney Spears! Letting their kids drive! :) Just kidding! What fun!!!!!! The frog Shane got was HUGE! Yuck! I would definitely agree that is a little boys heaven!!! They are so cute! I wish I could see them running around there. So fun!!

Gramma Stewie said...

So glad you got to go there....it does seem like the perfect place for boys to enjoy (on a vacation). :) I can't believe the huge frog of Shane's and itsy-bitsy frog of Trevor's....Wow, what a difference! I love those pictures! I guess Great Grandpa's truck will be the boys' 'autopia ride' (like Disneyland). 143, Mom

Cyndi said...

What a FUN trip! How cool it must be to watch your boys explore and find/do new things. I can't wait to watch Hunter grow and do crazy "boy" things like catch frogs!