Saturday, September 5, 2009
knowing how to have fun!
After spending too many days in the heat we were all ready to hit the beach and go to Ventura! A car full of 5 kids under 5 is always quite entertaining but it's a crazy I love and sometimes miss. Spending time with our Texas cousins is always a blast!
Lucy and Trevor are the crazy 3 year olds! As you can tell they enjoy being together. They both find joy in making others laugh so they are always entertaining each other. Trev and Lu were thrilled to be going round and round together and all on their own help each other's hands. Too sweet.
Life is always more sweet with Thrifty's ice cream. Please notice Damon, that we decided to eat OUT of the car for the wonderful colorful flavor of cotton candy!
Baby Daphne was the star in my boys eyes. They adore babies. When bath time came poor Lanae didn't have much room with all the kids there to "help." Trevor was off getting a bath toy or something and missed the picture. I cannot believe how perfect little Daphne is. We carted her all around and there was never a peep from her. We took her to the beach, fair, long car rides, dinners, and parks and she was always happy as can be.
No trip to Ventura is complete without a trip to Santa Barbara. We have to always stop at the same candy story I always had to stop at as a kid.
People always think our kids are twins. 2 sets of twins, YIKES! When alone with them all I'm always asked if they are all mine or how I do it! Shane is 8 weeks older than Sadie and Lucy is 8 weeks older than Trevor. I think we tossed about a dollar worth of pennies into this fountain! The simple joys of kids.
Even though our kids don't get to see much of each other when they are together they sure do know how to have fun. They are full of spunk and fun.
We were lucky enough to "celebrate" Fiesta Days while shopping at a favorite store in Santa Barbara. Who could resist colored eggs full of confetti?
Breaking them on each other and making a mess of State Street!
Sadie had to pick a lot of it up in her little bag. Surprise for Grandpa when we got home he got a mess of confetti on his head!
Poor Allie missed out on a lot of fun. She got pink eye after Hunter was born and had to stay home for a few days. The fun continued once she was there. One day Lanae bolts out the front door to catch the ice cream man and I'm pretty sure she should win mother of the year award. She ran 6 blocks in flip flops to finally catch up with him and send him back to Grandma and Grandpa's house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yay...fun memories.
Seriously, I'm still impressed with Lanae's "ice cream man determination"...that was awesome! And what summer vacation would have been complete without the ice cream man?
Bummed we missed the Santa Barbara part...stupid McDonalds playground. But I'm glad no one else got that...thanks germx!
I too, already miss all the kiddos together, being all wild and crazy, but having a great time!!
Dude, you are on a ROLL with your posting!
I can't help but to smile as I read this post! We DID have SO much fun!!! Lucy and Trevor are so cute together! I LOVE how they would hold hands and would always be the animals as they played house! Then we've got Sassy Sadie and Shane! SSS :)
I think 6 blocks is a little bit of an exaggeration but hey, I will take it! It did get to blisters on my feet from my flip flops that just barely got all better! :) It was worth it! Those kids were so excited! :)
I need to be inspired by your blogging! I have been a slacker!
Oh man...you guys had some GOOD times! I can't wait for the next time we all get together because then I wont be preggo and Hunter will be able to be a part of the fun (whether he is being carted around like Daphne was or playing).
Love ALL those KIDS!
Post a Comment