Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dinner for a King!

Tonight we celebrated our first Young Family Back to School Feast! We celebrated Shane as he starts his journey into school tomorrow. He was king for the day and enjoyed all the attention. We made his favorite meal of tri-tip, beans, corn and brownies for dessert. He wanted me to tell him all about his school and teacher and there were actually smiles at the thought of going to school! Crown for our Kindergarten boy, Shane!
We made a toast to the upcoming school year and the success of our little Shane.
Clothes are laid out and ready to go! He is my flip flop boy so I already worry about him and his shoes. He'll have to wake up earlier than normal so he can come to school with me. He'll have to learn new rules and make new friends. There will be many adjustments but I know he'll do great.
As I reflect back on the last 5 years I don't know where they have gone. I remember that first glance of my baby's thumb in the hospital room and thinking wow, if his thumb is that big he must be a big baby! Well today he seems huge and ready for Kindergarten. Too grown up to play at home all day. Too grown up to not get dress til noon. Too grown up to run around town with mom all day. We are starting this exciting new chapter in our lives tomorrow and Shane is so ready. He wants to go explore, learn, and make new friends as 5 year olds do but, he will never be too grown up for me to love and be proud of because he will always be my little boy.

10 comments:

Pike's Place said...

What a super cool mom to make the day before school so special for Shane! Good luck this week! You and Damon are so cute in your Facebook postings . . . my emotions will run high next year when Jayce heads off.

Kerry said...

The Young house is so fun! Shane day - what a great idea! He will have the best time in Kindergarten - how fun for both of you! Enjoy another 'first' for Shane! You will have to give us an update of how the day went!

P.S. Shane is going to be the best looking kid at school without flip flops - he is lucky to have a stylish mom like you!!

craftyashley said...

Wow- that looks like so much fun! I hope he has a blast at school today!

Chet and Kristina Cox said...

You are so fun! hope you both have a great first day!

Donna said...

Hope he has the best first day of school ever! I can't wait to hear all about it.

KB said...

You are so NieNie! I love it!!! Hope his day was perfect!

Tara said...

You ARE so NieNie...but you made it your own. I wanted to do this, but forgot.
You are such a cool Mom...even BEFORE this. Good job making the first day of school special! You ROCK. Can't wait to see the first day of school pictures!

Monson Family said...

Awwww! I didn't see this post until now. So cute! Good job on the dinner! So cute!! You know he will do great! He is such a sweat heart!!

David Stewart said...

Such a great tradition for the day before school....nice woirk, Tricia. Very cool for all to toast to a great new school year. Love how you mother and create such a fantastic 'world' for your family. 143, Mom

David Stewart said...

opps, that post was Mom, not Dad. so is this one, but I am too lazy to log on and stuff. Going to bed now. Gotta get up early for an ARP conference in the am.