Friday, January 11, 2008

Big Boys!

I remember hating when people would say this when I was younger but hey it's true so "where is the time going?" My boys aren't little anymore. They run, scream, tackle each other to the ground ( I would say Trevor does this more to his big brother too) and give me more hugs and kisses I would have ever dreamed of getting from my little boys. However, they are getting too big too fast! I miss having my babies but I love having my big boys. We hit a major milestone in our house this past Sunday, Shane is a Sunbeam! He was so excited to be with the big kids! He even told his 1st grade friend from church, I'm a big kid now I don't go with the babies anymore.

I decided to take some pictures since we were ready early which then made us late but WHATEVER! My entire ward was screaming our Hallelujah because after MANY (too many to count) years of 1 p.m church we finally have 9 a.m.! It was a blessed day but Trevor still managed to be tired during nursery and managed to fall asleep on Brother Servere which he never does on his own parents but does each week in nursery!


He actually did fine which is a BIG shocker for how cautious this child is. The only problem, another classes teacher didn't show so I said I would teach the class not even thinking that once I went into the primary and Shane saw me it would all be over and it was. He cried and had to sit with me but he did end up going to his class and having a blast. He cam home with a paper saying, " I am going to love my Trevor by helping him." Too sweet.


Sometimes the only way to get Shane to take a picture is to take Trevor's first (which he never seems to cooperate either) and then Shane screams for his turn! Silly brothers. Trevor's new thing instead of using his favorite word he has added one more word to it so he could have a phrase. It is no longer "nooooo" all the time it's "no waaaay!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures look fantastic... definitely worth a late entry to church! Glad Shane liked Sunbeams after all.

Pike's Place said...

Oh, Tricia! Where does the time go? As your kids age, so do mine, and it's heartwrenching and fun at the same time. Love the pics!

Bart and Kellie said...

Very cute! I think pictures are worth being late for! (And I love the sweater ha!) We should number the boys, you wear yours the first sunday, you the second etc. Ha! I think Jackson made 5 now. I'll warn you, if Trevor is like Jackson that phrase doesn't go away! I hate "No WAYYYY!!!!" The other new one I hate ..."NEVER! NEVER MOM NEVER!" Who taught him that little gem?

Tara said...

Seriously, what adorable boys. (Aw, sad...I was going to write "adorable little boys"...but realized the contradiction.
Glad to hear that Shane did pretty good. I need to get my post about Sunbeams up now too. (I've been blog slackin!)
LOVE YOU!

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

Yay! Its so fun when they get to be in Primary. Your boys are sooo cute! Love your pictures! We need to get our boys together someday. They would have a great time together!

Cyndi said...

I cannot believe Shane is in primary! That is crazy...he should be a baby still. Time really does fly by. Your boys are getting so big. That is funny that Trevor added "way" to his phrase now...silly Trevor. Cute pictures too!

Monson Family said...

So cute! I LOVE the pictures! I know! Primary!! Crazy! Sadie saw the primary president today and waved and said "look Mom, that's my teacher!" Too cute! Wouldn't it be fun if all our kids could be in the same primary! Poor teachers though!