Another challenge I have been wanting to do for the past few years but seem to never follow through is "A Pictures A Day." I know, that seems hard, and I may not make it the whole year. I couldn't even make it through 12 months of Shane's first year next to his teddy bear to see his growth. I need to still do Trevor's reindeer Piggies and Paws that I started last year to do for his first 9 Christmases and it's only his second year. Don't worry, I won't post every single picture I take on my blog but I will be taking them and hope I keep up!
With those 2 challenges being said, here is my picture for the day along with my word for the year!

I have this little problem. I can be a LITTLE obsessive! I tend to go overboard with things and my life has been nothing but simple. I started this out by cleaning out every cupboard in my house, I've gone through every toy box, and closet to help me simplify just with the one small aspect of junk in my house! My bigger focus; my family and myself. This single word is my challenge to help me to remember to play cars with my boys, take time for myself, and take care of my husband. Already, I love this challenge! I had this board from a Super Saturday and now have it proudly displayed in my living room to help me remember. I have a vinyl word in my bathroom to help me remember too. There are 2 things, I'm not too sure I can simplify: Enrichment Night and Birthday Parties! I know, I know, but I'm not sure my committee will let me and birthday parties come on Shane and Trevor will only turn 2 and 4 once! Other than that I'm committed! I don't want to over commit myself this year, I want to do fun things with my family, I want to take time for myself and become healthy again. I think I will have time to do all these things if I simplify my life!
If you want to take either of these challenges too, do it! I love the thought of a word for a year. I love the thought of taking a picture each day for a year. I will never forget what I will be doing each day of 2008 because I will have so many pictures! Don't forget to post your word so I know what your word is too. **For those of you who NEVER post log in (it's really simple to create an account- Donna, ElRae and whoever else cyber stalks me!) and post!! Sorry for the long entry with not too many pictures! Happy New Years!

13 comments:
LOVE IT! But I find it a little funny that taking a picture for every day is not very simple! But hey, I get it! I am doing kind of the same of simplifying! But then I am also working on keeping a journal. Even if it is just the happiest moment of the day. I find that if I have that intention, I actually have a lot more to talk about than what I realized. Love you! Have a happy happy new year!
I am on the de-cluttering train as well... the last two days I've been in hyperdrive trying to get Christmas away and the garage organized. We did Jackson's room last week - now on to the rest of the house! Too bad I'm going out of town on Thursday - Hope I'm still motivated when we get back...I love your word, I'll have to put some thought into what mine will be. Bart would love it if I did simplify...but we'll have to contemplate that one more, I'm not jumping to any decisions if it commits me for a whole year! (Maybe my word should be decisive huh?)
Me... a cyber stalker!? I have posted a couple times on your blog... thank you very much! :) Well, word for the year, huh? I'm going to have to give that one some thought. I have a couple possibilities. Just curious, what was your other possible word of the year? I'll post again with my word for the year!
More like cyber cruiser, not cyber stalker. I am also "cleansweeping" as Bob likes to call it. On to the kitchen today and then the office and scrapbook room. Saving the best for last. : ) Then we'll be all ready for the big garage sale on the 12th and I can have my garage back! Maybe then we can finally say we are moved in. I want this to get done so I can concentrate on getting ready for Scrapfest. : )
Tricia,
I like your idea for the word. I also like your choice - that word could work for me too.
Children's birthdays are very fun but I bet you could simplify a tad bit in that department too.. I know it's a tough thing to do.
I am so like you! Be afraid, very afraid - just wait until they are Cub Scouts!
Peter and his wife gave my mom the coolest book of pictures from our reunion and I thought oh man this would be the coolest thing to do when my boys become Eagle Scouts - and then I remembered -I have no pictures! Can you believe it? I can't. But I was always so busy being the leader I never took the time to take pictures so your word and your goal have me wishing I could go back 5 years and take a few more pictures. What I can do is write down all the memories while they're still accessible in my brain - at least my boys will have a written record of our cub scout years.
Anyways this is getting long but I admire you. I think you're an awesome mom, wife and friend! Thanks for giving an old woman something to think about. I laid out some plans for myself last night but I am going to now consider if I have a word to be my motto or focus. Insanity seems to have been my word for many years. ha-ha!
What a good idea Tricia. I love the word for a year and the picture a day. So awesome. That will be fun to look back on the pictures of each day of the year, and you can look back on all of them at the beginning of the next year.
okay, i'm totally inspired. i'm going to think of my "word" and i'm going to start out with taking a picture-a-day for a MONTH, and see if I can even stick with that...then we'll see about a YEAR.
as i was drinking my martinelli's i set my goal for the year, which was to adopt our second child...so maybe my word should be "baby" or "adoption"...i'll think about it and post something on my blog. (which you were kind enough to point out that i have completely been neglecting!) Ü
Okay... today might not have been the best day to pick my word of the year (you were on the phone with me for the two temper tantrums from a four-year-old!)... going by that it would have to be SURVIVE!!! Seriously though, I'm going with CREATE... not just create as in scrapbooking or other fun stuff, but create more time for myself, my husband (I have only one unlike you, Tricia), and my kids. Create more routines in my life, create more traditions in our home, oh, I could go on and on.
Oh great, now I have to think of a word too! What a great idea!!!
I think I have my word too, maybe I'll make a cute little something with my new Cricut software and vinyl!!!
You are an inspiration!!!
Let me explain the husbands thing... reread the first paragraph of your blog entry for a typo! :)
I love your word Donna! Anyone else come up wih a word? Donna, I don't know what you are talking about, 2 husbands?! Just kidding I changed my typo!Yeah right, I can only deal with one husband!
hey its morgan asdel! i have read your blog for awhile and i decided maybe i should leave a comment this time! i picked a word because i liked your idea. mines production. im hoping to accomplish some goals this year! so i need to be productive... i like it so far!
Hi Tricia...so I don't have a word yet but I do read your blog so I figured I better post a comment, besides the fact that I need a little help. Also I love my piggies and paws thing you did, thanks!
Two questions for you:
1. I help direct a conference for girls at Utah State in Logan every summer and I am in need of some new craft ideas and thought that you might be able to help as you are always doing some new cute thing! The girls are 12 to 14 and we have about 2-3 a girl to spend, we have done the vinyl letters in the past and we are looking for something new. Our theme this year is As Sisters in Zion, celebrating a worldwide sisterhood, so anything that went along with that would be really cool as well.
2. I was looking around and saw Damon's Brite Blue Foundation on your website, is there some sort of service project that the girls at my conference could help do for them (we ususally have about 100 girls), we don't have a lot of funds to put towards the service project but I thought with our worldwide theme that may be there was someway we could help his foundation. Run it by him and see if he can think of anything...thanks
Post a Comment