Sunday, January 20, 2008

Primary Talk

Today I have decided that Shane is all grown up! He gave a talk today at church in Primary. I was a little nervous about how he would do but he was so excited! We practiced a few times before church and we were ready! On the way to church he told me he was the first in his class to give a talk because he was the biggest boy and his other friends are too little! The boys didn't cooperate during sacrament (what a surprise) so we went in to take some pictures in the Primary room! Look how excited and proud he is!

His talk was about everyone being created in the image of God so he was happy to talk about his body. He was so proud do be up there and when the real thing came around the microphone was too exciting!


His talk went like this:

Hi, I'm Shane and I have a body. I have 2 eyes, a nose, 2 hands, and 2 legs. Do you know who else has a body like me? (Then he held up the picture of himself)

Heavenly Father has a body and I look just like him. (Held up a picture of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ)

When Jesus Christ was born he had a body too. (Held up a picture of baby Jesus)

I have a little brother named Trevor and he has a body like Heavenly Father. (Help up a pictures of Trevor)

My mom and dad even have bodies like Heavenly Father too. (Held up a picture of a family)

Each of us are spirit children of our Heavenly Father. We have a plan to go back to live with him again. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. (Held up a picture of 2 kids)

**Sorry folks, now that I can make books so easy from Blurb I am now going to journal a lot MORE! This is the best journal for me and I love that I can print off however many books I want to capture and remember these moments. A few nights ago I was going back to read my blog and I had already forgotten so many things I had written so I'm going to be writing even more! Just scan the pictures if you don't want to read the blah, blah, blah!

7 comments:

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is so fun Tricia, he is so cute and getting big! Evka is giving the Theme this next Sunday, I am worried that she will just be too embarassed to say anything. Good job Shane!!!

Mitzi said...

Those pictures of him are so stinkin' cute!! That is so great that he actually gave it and didn't get too shy.

Amy G said...

That first picture totally cracked me up! That was a great talk. If I were your primary president I would ask for a copy and have him do that for the Primary Program. Very cute and not too long!

I am really in denial that my youngest son is almost done with Primary. Wahhhhhh I love Primary!

Monson Family said...

WOW!!! I can't believe they had him do a talk so soon! He is so brave! That is so cute! I bet he did GREAT! What a cute little talk!

Cyndi said...

That is so fun that he gave a talk! That is a really good talk. I like the journaling and the picture. So FUN! I'm glad he was so excited...that is cute!

Pike's Place said...

I wish I could have been there for Shane's talk! I missed Jayce saying the prayer and I was so sad (had to plan Sharing Time with my primary class). I should have gotten pictures of Jayce at the pulpit as well -- Shane looked so grown-up and professional! I intend to do the blog book, too, so expect the same stuff from me. Is it okay that I'm totally copying you? :)

Tara said...

I can't believe they are asking SUNBEAMS to give talks in January! Even more amazing? How BIG Shane looks up there "giving" his talk. I'm glad you went and took these pictures.
And I love that you are posting more! (Aunt Tara can't get enough of those little...BIG boys of yours!)