Doesn't this look like so much fun? You can find it at Rosenberry Rooms. They even have super cute girls fabrics too. The only problem, does it look like $320 worth of fun? I didn't think so either. I remember having a teepee as a young girl and having so much fun in it. If I remember right (Mom, help me out here) my mom and Aunt Debbie each made one for their kids. I may try this. I have been looking for a teepee for the boys since Shane was small and had no luck at finding a reasonable one. I'm loving fabrics and wanting to sew more so maybe this would be a fun project! Now to find a pattern and fabric to make one...
Monday, June 23, 2008
I want this...
Doesn't this look like so much fun? You can find it at Rosenberry Rooms. They even have super cute girls fabrics too. The only problem, does it look like $320 worth of fun? I didn't think so either. I remember having a teepee as a young girl and having so much fun in it. If I remember right (Mom, help me out here) my mom and Aunt Debbie each made one for their kids. I may try this. I have been looking for a teepee for the boys since Shane was small and had no luck at finding a reasonable one. I'm loving fabrics and wanting to sew more so maybe this would be a fun project! Now to find a pattern and fabric to make one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Tricia, I taught a class on this at homemaking when my boys were little. They're very easy to make. I use mine at preschool all the time. I actually made mine white - I let the kids spray paint it and stencil it and then I wash it and start all over again. I had the directions in a book. Next time you're here I could help you. I'm sure you could find directions on-line too. I think a good source for fabric would be bed sheets. I know you can make a great teepee.
Ok, I'm wanting to leave for Ventura right NOW!!! I'm so excited. I want to come out the end of July to Aug! Now I need to fabric or sheet hunt!!!
Now I want to go too!! That would be so fun to have, the boys would love it!!
Ok IRONIC I was just talking about teepee's today with Craig...I don't even remember how it came up now but I said that we had one when we were kids and I loved it! I also added that I wanted to make one for my kids. So funny that on the same day you posted about wanting a teepee. Craig made fun of me and said "what did you do in there...smoke your peace pipe?" He is a crazy boy.
Count me in when you find a pattern! It looks SO fun!
Well, that is an adorable tee-pee, but certainly not valued at $320. I almost hate to say this, (because I am the G'ma now) it was MY MOM who actually made the tee-pee for you girls. She made it for you girls for Christmas one year. I hate to say it, because I don't want you to get any idea's (like, great...it's the grandma's responsibility to make em) Remember, my Mom did not work outside the home. Linda & Kay made tee-pee's for their grandkids last Christmas (there we go again with Grandma's making them....darn). I'm sure it will be a 'fun' project...for you! :) Love you and glad to know you all have fond memories in that tee-pee! The Easter bunny even hid candy in that little tee-pee...a popular place to be.
Post a Comment