Friday, June 6, 2008

Retirement

Retirement is such a joy! We have been blessed by having my father in law, Larry, retire this past year. He is free from work and can come play! He has driven out many times this year to watch the boys when I have had to work and Damon's schedule changed. He loves being with his little grandsons and playing with them all day!
I had to work Wednesday and Damon has switched to day shift (yippee, we are a "normal" family!) so he told us he would fly out to watch the boys! I came home from work on Wednesday with a quiet and CLEAN house! The boys were sleeping because Grandpa tired them out from blanket rides and baseball.
Shane had so much fun having Grandpa teach him how to play baseball. The cone is the base and Shane is getting pretty good with his form and hitting the ball!

WHEN Trevor hits the ball he does good too! He loved the new ball I brought home from school. When it's the end of the year so much stuff gets tossed out and the boys loved the prizes I kept bringing home!
Look at his crazy face! Silly Trevor he's starting to show off.
Concentration is the name of the game! When Shane hit the ball hard he said "I don't want to be a police officer anymore, I want to be a BASEBALL GUY!!!!"

Grandap went home yesterday and the boys were so tired they didn't react much until he was GONE! On the drive home from the airport as I got off the exit to get home Shane started to cry. When I say cry I mean cry super hard! Through his sobbs he tells me he wants Grandpa. He wanted to call him and ask to bring candybars next time. Trevor then says "Grandpa back. Grandpa blanket ride, play."
Now to my retirement! Most people retire after 30 years of working but me I'm retired after 30 years of LIFE! Here is my sad classroom with all our pirate stuff taken down and empty. I didn't cry because I'm so happy to be home with MY babies! We are going to have so much fun together and I can enjoy life a little more. I miss the wonderful teachers I get to work with and most importantly picking a theme and creating my bulletin boards! I know not what you think I would say but I love the beginning of the year and all the organization and new things on the wall and in the desks! Don't worry, Nicole my job share partner said I can help her. She is doing a circus theme and I love it! I already thought of having a popcorn machine at Meet Your Teacher and hand out popcorn.
I better get going. I'm off to enjoy a pedi and then to see a movie with the boys and some friends! I like this staying at home business. Happy Retirement to me! It may be short lived but I'll enjoy being home full time while I can.

5 comments:

Moose and Family said...

Yeah for Grandpa's!!! So are you done teaching for the time being? Or just for the summer? It will be nice to have more time with your kids. I usually work after my kids go to bed. It's great for them but sometimes I miss having my "free time" at night. Oh well...we do what we gotta do!

Cyndi said...

That is so nice of Larry to come out like that to help with the boys. Looks like they had fun times! That is silly that Shane wants to be a "baseball man" now.
Enjoy being retired yourself. I know you don't have a classroom to decorate but you always have BIRTHDAY PARTIES!

Monson Family said...

How fun! Those pictures of them playing baseball are too cute! Yeah for Grandpa!!!!! Congrats on your retirement! What a sad, empty class! Circus theme...that's fun!!!! Enjoy your cute family!

Gramma Stewie said...

How FUN! Glad Larry can come out like that to help with the boys. Everyone 'wins' with that! Can't wait for the next 4 years to roll around, so I can be RETIRED too! A way down the road. If Shane does become a baseball man, I was 100 of his baseball cards! (and those baseball cards, I would NEVER get rid of....inside family joke...not really funny though). I'm sooooo glad you are able to leave teaching behind you for the time being. You are a GREAT MOM and you will be able to pursue other business ventures on the side. The boys are lucky to have their Daddy on day shifts and their mommy home with them! Yes, you are a REGULAR family now....dog included to boot!

j- said...

Yay for you~~ I love when summer starts for the Mom too!! Those pictures made me miss my Uncle Larry! What a great FIL to come and take care of the boys- what a fun way to take care of them too! Miss you guys!