Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life is good!

A few weeks ago I woke up stressed realizing Summer was almost over and it would be time to start school all over again. After this split second thought my stress turned into pure joy when I realized I, Mrs. Young, have changed my name in for the one and ONLY, Mom and I don't have to go back to school! However, I love new school years with a clean room, new theme, new workbooks, crayons, and freshly sharpened pencils.

As my school friends started their first day back to work after an enjoyable Summer, I spent the day at none other then McDonalds. Two very long yet relaxing hours and it was enjoyable because my house didn't get messy, I had a few scrapbook magazines to read and I was sipping my little heart out on...

The perfect Diet Coke. I don't know what McDonald's does but it is the best mixture of syrup and carbonation and a nice big old fat straw for PERFECTION! As for my school friends, I will be stopping by tomorrow to see their glorious classrooms before the new year!


Another reason why life is good, we cut open a new watermelon! Did you know the average American eats 15 pounds of watermelon a year!?! I think my little family eats way more watermelon then this because we went through 2 watermelons this week! We must have some growing boys because we went through 4 gallons of milk too! I really don't want to see what my grocery bill will be when these boys are teenagers.


Relaxing and enjoying a nice, not too hot, evening.


I love my little guys and am so happy to be able to be home with them this next year. Even though I have broken up 3 knock down drag out fights between them today, we had a few melt downs with tears, no naps I wouldn't change a thing because they bring me more happiness then I could ever imagin and life is good.

**Side note: As we were sitting in the grass eating our watermelon we heard a few clicks and then, the sprinklers got us! We ran as fast as our little feet would take us and made it out pretty dry. I sat on the sidelines while the boys striped down to NOTHING and enjoyed the sprinklers!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like the BEST summer day! I'm SO glad you don't have to stress about teaching, and just get to enjoy eating watermelon, breaking up fights, drinking the perfect Diet Coke, and watching your boys run around "neck-ed" in the sprinklers! Too silly, and too much fun! You're an awesome Mom!

Pike's Place said...

I love those watermelon, summer shots! Perfect! I'm glad you're "just" mom this year, too. That means more play time for us!

Cyndi said...

How FUN! I am glad you can finally be just MOM. You have the funnest boys and they have a FUN mom. Glad you are enjoying the summer days.

Chelsea Elizabeth said...

hi tricia!
Tara found me on Facebook. Love your kids and watermelon shots! So adorable! I found lenaes blog first but love that you are both Photographer's! Anymore in the stewart clan? I'm on my iPhone but can't wait to check out your site.
Hope all is well!
Chelsea ramsey

Jodi said...

I'm so glad your enjoying your only job title-MOM. It must be a great feeling to know you can concentrate all of your energy on your fellas. Congrats on the "promotion."

j- said...

Love the watermelon and jean shorts!! You have adorable boys! Miss ya's!!