Tuesday, September 30, 2008

looking for better days

Poor Trevor has had quite the week and it's only Tuesday! He started off with getting his finger shut in the car door. I knew this would eventually happen because I have almost done this 3 times! He is constantly putting his fingers in the car door. Sunday I wasn't so fast and he wasn't so lucky. Poor boy. He screamed, wanted ice but wouldn't put his finger on it, and snuggled right up to me all night.
The finger is now fine with just a little mark on it. Yesterday I have 2 Piggies and Paws parties so I wasn't home much. Busy, busy, busy. When he saw me for the first time in the afternoon he showed me his owie finger and asked for ice. I got him a bag that he actually used but for the wrong finger! Silly boy, he sure knows how to milk it.
Today he had the worlds worst rash because I thought I finally found a juice he could drink but I was totally wrong. He just kept crying as he filled diaper after diaper. He was feeling better and we needed some things at the store and we were all tired of being in the house.
Tonight was the worst trip to Wally Mart EVER! First, I don't like the place. Second, we were all hungry but I HAD to go before Sam's Club because they have Trevor's special drink for only $1.50 instead of almost $4 at Smith's so I was stocking up. Here is how our trip went...
as soon as we walked in the store Damon was off to the man section to do man things and I had the 2 boys (which when you hear what happened next I was so happy I was along because Damon would have died, D-I-E-D!). I needed toothpaste, hangers, then off to get the drinks when I was sidetracked with cereal because my family can never have enough of it! As I was letting the boys each pick a cereal out Trevor was being EXTRA grumpy (he was having a hard day even for him) then gag gag barf EVERYWHERE!!! I being the mom that I am cup my hands out for him to continue to throw-up into. YUCK! It is everywhere and I see a clean up station at the end of the isle complete with a trashcan to dump my hands out in and paper towels! It was heaven sent. As we are rushing over there Mr. Trevor does it again and this time 100% more all over my feet, his pants the floor and into my hands. (which reminds me of a prego story I will tell later) A sweet mom with a daughter comes up and tells me she'll go find someone to clean it up. Some man who was in deep thought about what cereal to buy came and asked if he was OK and if I needed any help! Seriously, what kind, kind people. I tell them no, but thanks because I'm totally embarrassed being covered in barf and now I'm worried Shane will spew any moment because he is gagging from the smell!
Just as I'm almost done wiping up the mess a jerk comes to the isle and I say sorry my baby just threw up and he yells out "Ewww, yuck!" Ok, grown man you sound worse then my second graders at school! I was done, so I had to NOT bite my tongue and say, " Oh, that's nice. You have never thrown-up before. He's sick. REAL mature! " Needless to say he didn't come down the cereal isle.
Soon after Damon came up and we rush out of there! Trevor was white as a ghost but was begging for Taco Bell in the parking lot! I swear once that kid throws-up he feels better. So if I ever thought I wasn't initiated into motherhood I am now. Being barfed on in Wal-Mart down the cereal isle is something I never thought would have happened to me. I'm just glad I'm not working and would have to call in sick tomorrow to stay home with Mr. Barf! I'm hoping the rest of our week turns around so we can see those better days!
**You would think I had more grumpy pictures of Trevor because that is what he does in pictures. I must delete them. Note to self: I need to document my kids how they are and keep some grouch-o ones! These pictures are from NE when he wasn't happy about things.
***Side note: The barf story this story reminded me of. My very FIRST initiation into motherhood! I'm sure most of you have heard this story but it's a classic. We were in Ventura visiting when I was prego with Shane. We went with Josh to Andrea's (don't ask me where everyone else was) and had some yummy clam chowder- the best! After we were done the boys wanted to play some games so we walked down to the carousel. All of the sudden the wave of nausea came over me and I darted to the closest bathroom. As I got there the force and power of this barf was so strong it went into the toilet and splashed back at me all over my body and down my legs! I was COVERED in my own throw-up! Good thing for flip flops because I rinsed my feet in the sink. Poor Josh had driven us there and took me home. All the while the boys lied to me and said I didn't stink. I crashed on the couch and I think I ruined Josh for awhile. Damon was done being worried about me being sick while prego because it was just life as we knew it at the moment but Josh had never seen me like that. Yes, I still love Andrea's clam chowder. If throwing up the food while pregnant made me not want to eat it again there would be nothing left that I like to eat because it ALL came up!
Enough about me. Anyone else have some embarrassing barf stories that can top mine! It makes for a good laugh and stories but at the time I just want to cry which I'm sure I did when I was prego but not today. The good new, everyone is in bed and I have a quiet semi-clean house with only a 1/2 a load of laundry to do which is a small miracle.

7 comments:

Pike's Place said...

So miserable! I hope Trevor feels better -- yucky stomachs are the worst! No embarrassing vomit stories for me, but when I was working when pregnant with Jayce, I would throw up in the bathroom in this small office, so everyone could hear me multiple times a day (kind of awkward). Also, I remember many times pulling over to the side of the road to throw up. I'm sure the passing cars were amused. Fun times!

Moose and Family said...

(Aaron posting) Logan puked all over me a few months ago, but it was at home. He'd been fussy since I'd gotten home from work, and took a late nap. After he got up, I fed the kids dinner and about bedtime, read them both a story.

Logan was standing in our living room, so I picked him up and leaned him back so Kaya could give him a kiss goodnight. As I brought him back up towards me, he had this weird look on his face. Not thinking anything of it, continued to bring him up to my shoudler when he puked all over the left side of my face, left shoulder, my shirt and the carpet. BLAH!

I kind of stood there in shock for a moment, then set him on the tile in the kitchen, when round 2 hit and splatterd all over the floor. BLAH!

I stood there for a minute, dripping in vomit, and thinking - "OK. I need to clean me up first. Logan is crying his head off, but I need to clean him up too, and the carpet and kitchen floor. Kaya is freaking out from the smell, and I pray that both she and I don't puke now. Heather is at work, but I'm gonna need some help here." I called her home and started on the clean up. Not fun.

Anyways - I can relate, Trish! It wasn't in a public place, but regardless - it's NOT fun being puked on. You have my sympathies!

KB said...

Poor, poor Tricia!!! I am so glad you gave it to that stinky man that decided to give you his opinion- jerk! I am so sorry you had to endure that... Makes running to the potty in Jason's Deli chump change :-) I hope Trev is better and back to his sweet self (and I hope Shane does not get it) BTW- I have heard the Clam Chowder story , but read it again because it hit close to home and made me smile. :-)

Keeping Life Creative said...

Oh, Tricia. How awful! I hope he's feeling better now. It's amazing how strong we get as mothers! I used to think cleaning up puke was one of those things I would never be able to handle. Then I had kids... Maybe we are prepared for it by having morning sickness! We get so used to throw up that it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore. LOL.
Hope P&P is going well for you.

Bart and Kellie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't had a fun three days! I'm sorry, that's one I haven't done. You're a tougher mom than me!! Our worst throw up was Jackson throwing up while I was pregnant with Carter, we were in the middle of a furniture store. It was not fun. Needless to say furniture shopping was over.

craftyashley said...

Your title could not describe me more! Good luck! I'm so glad some of the girls in our ward have blogs too!

Erica and Curtis said...

tricia i feel your pain, but laugh at your post too-the whole way you wrote it is hilarious. I am so sorry for everyone's misery and embarrasment.I have been there. But that dummy older guy in the store should really be punched!