Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Purse"onal Enrichment

We had our Enrichment Night on Thursday and we had a great turn out! We were a little worried as we haven't had the best attendance to things but there was nothing to worry about as many came and all had a good time!
We had a purse theme. I wish I had an invite to show you. We made the cutest little purse out of paper but I didn't save one! We played a purse game to see what crazy things we had in our purses. The little purses are filled with chocolates for the Purse game.
Maren never disappoints with her yummy food. We have a lack of budget so no dinner but my FAVORITE dip and salsa was there so who really cares about dinner!


Everyone weighed their purses as they came in with the heaviest being 9.4 pounds and the lightest was .6 pounds! Notice the purse deco's with flowers in them.
Our R.S. President made her counselors and secretary sing a song! Karin wouldn't uncover her face with the paper! It was cute.

Besides the yummy food, great company, and fun we made the CUTEST duct tape purses! I'm a lame and made my sides uneven (I guess when you don't teach you forget how to count to 8) so I was so far behind but did actually finish!

Thanks everyone for your support and all those who helped out on another successful Enrichment Night! Now on to planning Fabulous Friday like a mini Super Saturday!

7 comments:

Pike's Place said...

I am still so sad that I missed it. How lame is it that my husband never gets home from work until way late, my kids won't stay in a provided nursery, and Alyssa has been miserable with some sort of cold? It's like all signs were pointing to "you can't go," but my heart so wanted to be there. You guys plan the best activities, and those duct tape purses are way cute!

Donna said...

SO cute! You never cease to amaze me with all your fun ideas! I wish I were in your ward!

Gramma Stewie said...

You girls are THE MOST CREATIVE enrichment committee I have ever known! I absolutely cannot believe all the WONDERFUL ideas you guys come up with for your enrichment meetings! Like I've said before "I want to be in your ward" when it comes to EN. What a CLEVER idea, and the duct tape purses are so cute! I still tell people about your 'back to school' theme with 'lunch ladies' and all the classes they went to . Soooo cute! Tell your committee your Mom thinks they are the GREATEST! (I was the Homemaking Leader for many, many years, and multiple times) I KNOW how much WORK (given in love) those meetings are! You guys are GREAT!

Dasdel said...

What a fun night. I love the idea of weighing the purses as the ladies arrived.

Monson Family said...

So cute Tricia!!! What a fun night!! You guys are the best!!

Jodi said...

I want to be in your ward! Your enrichments look so fun. You ladies really go above and beyond!

Cyndi said...

You guys have the FUNNEST enrichment nights. That is such a cute idea. I love it!