Like most of you I have been in an organizing and purge mode. Cleaning closets, the garage (this is in baby steps), cupboards, toy boxes, you name it! During one of those cleanings Mr. Trevor found a treat. Only problem, I don't know how old that treat it! This kid has some candy radar. He doesn't care if it's hot candy, sour, chocolate, fruity, he does not discriminate. I have found him one to many times picking up the spilled candy under the candy machines in Sam's Club and eating it! YUCK!!!

I found this way back in our coat closet which isn't even really a coat closet until now. Damon had about 8 uniforms (which he doesn't wear now) and 4 jackets/coats uniforms too! I found my diaper bag. There were binkie's in there along with cracker crumbs, and toys we have not missed. I'm thinking all these treasures have been in there since Trevor was under 18 months old because he gave up the binkie then.

Why is it when you need a binkie you can never find one? There were TWO in this bag! The only problem, I can't bring myself to toss them out! It reminds me of my sweet babies. A time when they were dependent on me. Feeding them bottles and holding their hands. Trevor seemed all to eager to plug himself again so they are safely hidden in a drawer where I can see them every so ofter and think of those sweet babies of mine.

Maybe I shouldn't have admitted not cleaning my closet out for a good 1.5 years but oh well!! I swear you need to have a baby every few year to be nesting. An uncontrollable urge to clean is something each house needs every once in awhile.
10 comments:
Haha! Good for you cleaning and purging! I need to get on that kick!
(although I'm afraid of what I might find as well!)
Love your latest posts. Especially the chicken soup story. Shane will one day be coming home and asking for "mom's chicken noodle soup". Just you wait! Also, I am so thankful that there are good, honest and hardworking officers like Damon. It is a nice feeling.
I hear ya! I just want to get rid of stuff! But I am pooped and don't want to clean anymore. And now since I have been sorting through things and stuff, all the normal cleaning is being put off and I am tired at the thought of all the laundry and messes! Tuck those binkies away for good memories! So cute! How do they grow up so quickly!?!
It is quite apparent that we still have one hooked on the paci! Ethan walked in as I was reading your post. When he saw the picture of Trevor with his "binkie", he said, "Paci!" I still have a couple newborn pacis that I've saved. I have the same problem not being able to find a paci when we need one, but always find a couple when I least expect it.
Good luck with the cleaning and purging. I'm going to finish working on my scrapbook stuff soon to get ready for ScrapFest! My goal tonight is to get some pages sketched out so I can order pictures though.
Yes, how do they grow up so quickly? (I relate) Good job with the cleaning and organizing. You are too good at purging. If you have any little toys you don't want, save them for me to bring to the office here at VC. Since I work with the underprivledged, we have kids coming in with their parents and toys will be a GREAT distraction to them. I got a bunch from Lanae, when I was in Texas! They about put me over the edge on my suitcase weight though. Really, don't toss the old McDonalds toys and stuff, I am doing a 'treasure box' here at work for the underprivledged kids. It is a good cause...or maybe you will use them for Brite Blue....just don't trash them, ok?
143, Mom
Can I bottle your motivation and give some to myself? I've started on a few projects . . . but I never seem to finish them. Annoying!
Good for your cleaning out closets...etc. I am constantly moving and never seem to get to some boxes that I would love to go though and figure out what the heck to do with some of these things.
It is kind of fun/funny to find stuff like that hidden away...good memories always come.
I did quite a bit of organizing and purging last weekend. I was especially focused on Morgan's room. I had used it to store and wrap the Christmas gifts. Once I started cleaning that up I just kept going and now I have moved my computer into her room and made myself a little office space. I'm sure she will be thrilled the next time she comes home from school :)
Oh, you make me urn for little binkies. I tossed all of Allie's...and since I've been baby hungry for about 3 years now, those little things are just too precious to me again. I can't wait to have a need for them again.
Congrats on the cleaning...not so congrats on Trevor's random candy eating. I guess it builds his immune system. ☺ ☺
Do I smell a new baby soon????? What are you waiting for??
Post a Comment