Thursday, February 26, 2009

California Adventure

On Monday we went to the "second Disneyland" AKA California Adventure. According to Shane the second Disneyland is better. Better because of the ice cream (they have the same ice creams but he chose different kinds at each park), the Toy Story ride, and ALL the rides he could go on and Trevor couldn't! That sounds like a true big brother! First stop was in Radiator Springs for Trevor to meet his obsessions, loves, and heroes...Lightning McQueen and Mater! He could not believe who he was seeing. The joy on his face was priceless. There were no lines and as he walked right up he placed one finger on Mater and smiled. He did the same thing with Lightning McQueen too. He didn't want to leave his pals but told them he'd see them next time. I think if we left at that point he would have been a happy boy.
Daddy and Shane went on a ride and Trevor waited. Mommy and Shane went on the same ride and poor Trevor waited. I was beginning to think this park wasn't for Trevor because he was about an inch short of each ride. Here is the poor boy waiting.Paradise Pier was under construction with no water. Shane thought he was so funny standing in this cut out.


The boys skipped lunch and got ice cream instead! Whatever, we are at Disneyland and it's all about making your dreams come true so ice cream for lunch it is.



The boys ate their ice creams and me a frozen banana while Damon went on a roller coaster even Shane was too short for. It was fun watching Damon "blast off!"


There ended up being a lot of things for Mr. T to do. He had a blast running around and playing.


That is his new excited grin... it cracks me up!


Our favorite ride and ONLY line we waited in all day was Toy Story. Seriously I think we will only return to Disneyland in February with no lines and perfect weather.

I thought I did so good on the game at 173,000 points compared to Trevor's 300 but then when I saw the top score of 530,000 I knew my sharp shooting skills were gone!


Shane loved everything about the day. He feels so grown up going on the rides and running around the park.


The Bugs Life area was so much fun! Shane loved driving and crashing into me and Trevor.


We pretty much had another wonderful day at Mickey's house.

Good thing we saw our favorite again, Goofy!
The park closed at 6 p.m. but by 5 p.m. we had seen everything at least once most things twice and Trevor was done. He still wasn't feeling 100% better from being sick. He was asleep in the parking garage! I'm sure some of you are wondering why we went back just a few weeks later sounds crazy, I know, especially since Damon and I are leaving the country on Saturday. When we went on my birthday we got 2fer tickets from my parents CA residency. We got into the other park on another day but they would have expired next week! It was a perfect day to be together as a family and having so much fun together. Seeing pure joy on my boys faces is priceless. I love how Damon is always willing to have some type of adventure together as a family. There is always something to do together. However, next stop is this week-end just Damon and I and we couldn't be more excited!

7 comments:

Monson Family said...

My girls are FREAKING OUT right now!!! Lucy was seriuosly SO excited to see Trevor with Mater and "McClean!" What a FUN time!!! I am glad you guys had SO much fun!!!

craftyashley said...

How fun! Your kids are so adorable! Love the pictures.

Cyndi said...

So much fun! Glad the boys enjoyed it!

Donna said...

I don't know if I'm more jealous of you going to the second Disneyland or your upcoming getaway... okay, really it's the getaway... we're planning Disney for next month! Have FUN! I know you will.

Tara said...

horray! that's exactly what we did yesterday. we had the best day, and it looks like you guys did too!!! glad everything was great for you guys too, and that trevor got to meet his current obsessions...how lucky!

Kerry said...

I just love these pictures! It made me tear up again! Love them and your cute family!

Gramma Stewie said...

These are FUN TIMES that ONLY Disney can provide!!!! Well, you got to experience CA Adventure B4 us, but only by a couple of days. We had a BLAST too! Got a surprise: Cyndi and Craig took the day off and SURPRISED US!!! They drove over with Tara & Jon & Allie. (actually, C&C drove....to be precise) Now, we have experienced CA Adventure: and we all agree...it is super FUN! Great memories, you have with two fun-filled Disney days in the same month!