Friday, April 3, 2009

Ready...Set...Go!

Trevor turned 3 and celebrated in style with a race car themed birthday. His current obsession is cars and he loved every second of having everything about him! He woke up to both sets of Grandparents here and lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa Stewie while I got ready for the party and Grandma and Grandpa Young went to Shane's tball game.
Last year I was featured on a few blogs and got some e-mails so this year I'm going into detail to help those Mommy planning a car birthday party! Trevor was beyond excited to have REAL Piston Cups in his house. There was a race car Piggies and Paws with a number 3 on this table too.

We had signs all over: Trevor Lane, Welcome Race Fans, and Young Raceway. Along with number 3 cars and tires all around too.

First thing to do was a "Pit Stop" in for some snacks. We drank Motor Oil (boxed drinks) and anit freeze (water). We ate dip sticks (carrots and ranch), Hot Rods (pretzel sticks), organic fuel (fruit), and Mac Wheels (mac and cheese). Trevor is simple with his food likes so these are all things he loves to eat.

My two boys could live off this stuff! With a broken microwave still my neighbor, Leslie, saved the day and cooked up 8 boxes of this gourmet food!I don't usually deal with the cake part of the party but I couldn't find anything to match my colors and theme so opted to make them myself. About 5 minutes before the party I realized I didn't decorate the cupcakes! YIKES! Maybe next time I'll just buy cupcakes.

So nice having an afternoon party and low stress. It was super simple decorations and food but full of lots and lots of fun!

I loved seeing Trevor loving all the attention. He just smiled all day long. Grandma Stewie brought her car mat for all the kids to play cars on. Trevor loved every second of playing cars with all his little buddies. I think counted around 20 kids from 1 to 11. I love having a full house with all the Mommies and their little ones. However, this time Damon took over the sitting at the table talking with the girls instead of me!!!

We played the classic of Red Light Green Light. Big Brother Shane had to start the game off holding the sign.
Green Light!


Trevor concentrates with his tongue out! He wanted to win this round of Red Light Green Light!


Look at these cute and crazy kids!

We played Tire Toss with cars. Trevor has quite the arm on him when he throws things!

At the end of the party we raced with Plasma Cars. It was so much fun with cones set up and a finish line. These cars are what Trevor plays for hours each and every afternoon. Here he is concentrating again with his tongue out!

Big Brother had a hard time having all the attention on little brother!

Trevor being so proud holding the Finish Line sign.





We actually had a real pinata and were able to put candy in it! Trevor filled up "Race Car" (for some reason that is what he calls him) full of candy and couldn't wait to hit him to get all that candy out!


Looking at this picture I'm SURE I had 3 candles in there and this is just and angle!!

This boy loves cupcakes. He just licks off all the frosting and then is on to another cupcake!


Trevor did start licking off all the frosting off each cupcake of the tower! Yum.


Everyone spoiled this 3 year old! He couldn't wait to dig in.

His Cars obsession goes with him everywhere. He has 2 of each car. He loves having a baby and a Daddy and if he's lucky there is a mommy too. His huge Mack is his greatest love. He loves lining up all the cars and then putting them in huge Mack. Then he gets tiny Mack and plays and plays. The next morning when he woke up with a lot of his new toys in bed with him he just grinned and patted his new boys. This boy was in heaven!


Happy Birthday Trevie!

Goodie Bags for all with bubbles, Cars fruit snacks, "wheel" mini oreos, and hot wheels.
We had a great day with our families and friends. We love to celebrate with those we love. Trevor tells people he turned 16 so I guess I still need to work with him on how old he is. He is growing up and becoming such a fun little guy.

12 comments:

Monson Family said...

AWWWWW!!!! He is so big and so cute! It looks like everything went perfectly! So cute as usual! Glad to see our cheesy present even made the post (it is a cute picture though!) :) Happy Birthday Treba-eba!

Donna said...

OH... all that fun we missed out on! I'm glad I got to see all the pictures anyway. Cute party as always!

KB said...

You truly are the best party planner, EVER! I strive to be more like you. :-) It trurned out SO cute and was so much fun. (BTW- do you still need the receipt from the gift? I have it.) Now on to the next little guy's party!

Cyndi said...

That is an AWESOME birthday party! It looks like it was SO much fun for ALL! Wish we could have been there...you through great parties Tricia. GREAT WORK!

Pike's Place said...

You did a spectacular job, Tricia (although would anyone expect anything less?). My kids had a blast and I'm so thankful we were on the guest list. Thank you!

Tara said...

Seriously, I don't think you are aloud to say "simple" in description of that party. It still looks like you went ALL OUT.

Happy Birthday Trevie! We were sad that we didn't get to be there (Baby Jace was too little to travel.) But I'm glad we got to see you later, and got to see all your cool cars! Happy Birthday 16-year-old! ;)

Jan said...

Tricia,

I don't know if you remember me, I lived across the hall from you at Snow college. I love birthday parties and loved reading about your ideas. I truly love reading your blog. I found your blog from Jenifer York. Thanks for sharing, I am inspired from you!!

Love Jan Ostler Tranchell

Amy G said...

Everything is so adorable! Watch out Tricia you are ready to put on the Pinewood Derby! The perfect little boy birthday party!

I should of told you a few pinewood derby ideas - but you had everything covered - another cake option would have been to have Twinkie race cars - I think I've seen that in a cub scout book. But it's probably wise to keep Twinkies away from a large crowd of kids.
You rock!

j- said...

Love the tongue and all of the birthday party details- very cute decorations and cupcakes and signs- i loved Trevor's shirt- what would you do for a 9 yr olds birthday at the end of August? or an 11 yr olds birthday 4 days before Halloween? Any ideas??

Kerry said...

You throw the best parties - never missing a detail! So much fun! We had a great time! Still can't believe Trevor is 3!!

Dasdel said...

Happy Birthday Trevor! Tricia you throw amazing parties! Looks like the kids really enjoyed themselves. I'm glad to see you got some of those "cars" you were looking for.

craftyashley said...

You are the coolest Mom ever! Wow!