Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring has sprung!

Our weather has been so crazy this year! First snow and now a late Spring for Vegas. Usually the weather is already warm by now and today we woke up to 50 degrees and rain! Before the storm, the boys and I went up to Floyd Lamb State Park yesterday while we were in the area delivering Piggies and Paws. If you have never been, go. It's fun and you don't realize you are in the desert with all the green, large trees, ducks, and peacocks running around!
At first the boys were a little scare of the huge birds following them around! Shane found a rock to stand on so he was at least taller than them! Trevor was crazy as he ran around screaming and then pretending to shoot the birds! He got pecked a few times but ended up laughing because that is just how Trevor does things. I love that he is pretty much the toughest little 3 year old I know!

We started the feeding with only a few ducks and pretty soon the entire park's population of birds were surrounding us! I should have brought more bread.
Mr. T loves a good adventure with his Mommy.



This is a classic Shane face. He is one silly boy too.


We always go with Damon to this park because you can fish there too. I felt so bad going while he was at work! However, I needed to take pictures of Shane for his birthday party that need to go out soon. Don't worry Damon we'll go back with you any day.


This picture is now a new classic. Look at the bird. Doesn't it look like the bird is right on top of Trevor's head? We were all laughing so hard this morning as we looked at it!


We had a great Spring day in the park enjoying a picnic, feeding the ducks, and each other.

6 comments:

Pike's Place said...

What a fun outing!

Kerry said...

We just did that last weekend - it was so much fun! Rylan was amazed at how many ducks wanted to be her friend and Reagan thought it would be fun to jump in the water. Silly girl! Love these pictures! Your boys are so cute, even with a bird on his head!

KB said...

Oh my gosh...That is the funniest picture ever! I want to see that hanging on the wall somewhere- you will smile everytime you see it. Thanks for the outing the other day- the kids and I both had a ball! Norah said, "Shane and Trevi are both funny boys. I love them." :-)

Tara said...

How fun! Wish we were there! I love those cute silly boys!

Tara said...

PS-Love the bird on Trevor's head...you got that at the perfect angle! HAHA.

Morgan said...

That last picture is sooooo cute!