Thursday, June 25, 2009

4 extra blessings

This past week has been a whirl wind! Being a mom of 2 is fun, sometimes stressful, but never too crazy. Being a mom of 6 is fun and pretty much always crazy! We added 4 extra blessings to our home for 8 nights and had a blast with our ever so fun Frye friends! Life in our home was completely different doubling our family but I can say there was never a dull moment with 6 kids from the ages of 9 to 3! We had a blast. We shopped, saw movies, baked, did projects, swam, played the slip n slide, rode bikes, had many BBQ, and sometimes relaxed and watch a movie!
Girls are so different from boys. They played Batman with the boys and instead of killing each other they asked for boyfriends and who was going to marry who. We enjoyed a night at the circus.

Always fun seeing the elephants.

Trevor begging for more treats!

Flip Flop day at Tropical Smoothie... can I have 6 please for ALL my children! We even had our super cute friend, Shelby, with us. He mom too which saved me having to take all 6 kids to the grocery store. That is one thing I didn't try with them!
Break down of items used/cleaned in a day (however, I never got around to real cleaning just surface stuff):
  • 2 loads of laundry daily
  • 2 loads of dishes daily
  • Empty large kitchen trash 1.5 times daily
  • Sweep the kitchen
  • box of Capri Suns
  • More cereal, cheese balls, and grapes then I can count!
  • 6 cute little faces to kiss and tuck in for bed

These are their beautiful pet rocks they all made! It is so nice having the big girls to help. They are so helpful with Trevor!


Swimming was a blast. 6 kids to sunscreen up take forever! I almost forgot Trevor one day. One day I forgot me!


Cool Mr. T!

One thing I was surprise with were men picking up on me while out shopping! Just randomly coming up to me and asking questions or talking about small stuff. Hello, what do all these kids mean about me!
The only thing I was sick of by the end of the week was the comments by strangers. They came every few minutes and the stares were constant! Some of the things heard or asked:
  • 6 kids. Really!?!
  • Look at all her kids!
  • Are they all yours?
  • God Bless you. (As this lady did the cross with her hands!)
  • You have your hands full
  • It looks like a field trip. Haha
  • They are all so beautiful. (I like this one)
  • How do you do it?

I would hear a lot of those over and over, all day long! I love crazy and as crazy as it was we had a blast. Damon even loved having a full house. I was tired each night. Needed quiet time, but all the kids were perfect together! Life is quiet right now. We miss "our 4 kids!" I even picked them up yesterday to go swimming so we can have fun together again! I don't think I'll have my own 6 kids any time soon but it is a great adventure to have every once in awhile. We can't wait to watch them again. Thanks Zoe, Olivia, Ella, and Gabe for a fun week. We had a blast with our 4 extra blessings!

8 comments:

Monson Family said...

So cute! You weren't meant to handle that many kids at least! :) I bet those comments got annoying fast! They are all so cute together! I love all the fun you guys had! I bet the kids were sad to leave the fun Young house! :) Seriously guys picking up on you with 6 little kids in tow? Crazy guys!

Pike's Place said...

Tricia, you're such a super mom! I'm so glad you had such a blast! The Frye kids are, indeed, so cute. And so are yours!

MnM's Mommy said...

Awesome...now I know where to drop my girls off! I think they would have way more fun with you! We can't even do that much in a weekend! LOL!

Tara said...

I think being a teacher kind of prepared you for this task...lots of women would've been scared of that, but you rocked it.
Glad you had a good time, and not just the boys. I was interested to hear how Damon was with girls in the house for that long.
Fun pictures.

KB said...

Girl, you are the rockin-est mom ever! Not only did you take on 4 extra cuties, you found time to do projects and fun things. In fact, I feel like a complete sloth now! :-) Thanks for sharing a little of that time with us. Can I just sat OH MY GOSH the food and supplies!?!

Kerry said...

How exciting!! Your kids (and the 4 extra blessings) are so lucky to have you and Damon as parents!!! You are the best mom ever!

Julie said...

I just have to say I am the luckiest girl around to have a friend like you, you are AMAZING! My kids had a blast. They are still talking about there time being part of the "Young Family" today. You spoiled my kids rotten! They did more stuff in one week than I do with them in a month! A thousand times thank you - you are the best!

j- said...

You realize that you are advertising what a great baby siter you are, right!? Anytime you want 5 more "extra blessings"- give me a call!! Ha ha-

You guys totally rock!! What a fun Mom you are!! We are so going to do the pet rock thing!! I laughed about your breakdown of daily items used.cleaned- Dang girl,you just spelled out my life!!