We just got back from a camping adventure in Mammoth Creek, Utah. We camped, enjoyed being with friends, and the girls only showered once in 4 day...YUCK! Somehow the men always ended up finding a shower when they were out fishing or 4-wheeling!

I was shocked at the beauty of being in Southern Utah. I felt like I was in Colorado with all the green and water. Here we are dogs and all. Liberty is laying on the ground and cannot be seen.

This was our first camping trip since children and it perfect. The boys loved 4-wheeling and begged to go and go! Damon and I even escaped and went out alone for a ride. Thanks for watching the boys Nikki!

Who knew
binoculars would be the best entertainment for a 3 and 5 year old?

Fishing is always a must when camping even if the fish aren't biting much!

Each night the boys were sure to eat a good dinner so that they could have
smores!

A few more years and I'm sure Shane will be taking Trevor out on the trails!

Not only did Shane enjoy the outdoors but he also enjoyed making sweet
Emerie happy! She did so good camping!

Trevor loved playing in the dirt and just running around all day.

Right by our campsite was a creek that the boys played in all day. Shane was timid of the water at first but after a day they went on their own adventures by the creek.
Uno was played and Shane is still insisting on a rematch since mommy won!

I love camping and being in the outdoors but it is always nice to get home, get clean, and sleep in your own bed! It was nice not having cell phone service, no
Internet, no
Facebook or blogs to check. Thanks Eric and Nikki for sharing your spot I'm sure we'll be back because the boys are already asking to go camping again!
6 comments:
If you can believe it, I have NEVER been camping. Sleeping in a hotel is as close to camping as I get. Cute pictures.
How fun! That makes me want to go camping! Sadie has been "packed" to go camping for months!! She stuffed a bunch of stuff in her closet and says that is her packing job for camping. Ummmmm, Shane - I would DEMAND a rematch because Mommy is famous for cheating at UNO!!! I don't think she can play it without cheating! :) We are getting so excited to see you guys!! Woohoo!
We can "camp" in G & G's backyard when you are all here next month. We have the firepit and can set up the tent.....I think the cousins will LOVE it!
And on that re-match: throw in G'ma and some others this weekend and we will see 'who can WIN'????? Uno is really a good game that young kids CAN play and it is fun for the adults too, huh? I remember many a nights playing Uno at our kitchen table with all you girls (and when Cyndi was too young to play solo, Dad or I would be her partner). You all played Uno since before you were in school.
Tell Shane I am excited to play Uno with him! Maybe Allie will want to play with us too?
So fun!!! Everyone looked like they had a ball! Some of my fondest memories with my family are when we camped together.
Looks like so much fun!! You guys are so great!!
I am in need of your creative talent- I sent you a message to your Facebook in box- I can't find your email address in my address book on the laptop...
Looks like so much fun.
Uh, Lanae took my comment...I vividly remember finding a STACK of cards under the pillow you were sitting on when we were playing UNO...such a cheater!
Post a Comment