Thursday, July 9, 2009

Handy Damon

We break it, he fixes it! I'm so lucky to have such a handy husband. Yesterday morning we woke up to a broken water heater. Things don't last long when they are sitting in the boiling hot garage in the Las Vegas heat! At first we were thinking we would have to buy a new water heater. Then we realized it was under warranty but would have to pay between $600-700 to install the new one with the warranty! Finally, I went to the distributor myself and picked up the new water heater for Damon to install. Not only did he change out the old water heater but he had to replace the pipes that were all nasty pipes! It was a long day but I was finally able to take a shower, do some laundry, and run the dishwasher by 11 p.m.

6 comments:

Gramma Stewie said...

Yea, for handy husbands! They save us a LOT of money! So glad it finally worked out for you. Not fun, for sure....but 'alls well that ends well'. Love ya.

Pike's Place said...

Damon rocks!

Donna said...

Yay for warranties and kudos to Damon for fixing it and saving even more dough! Glad you're back to flowing water.

Kerry said...

Handy Husbands are the best!

craftyashley said...

You lucky girl! We always have to "call the guy" for anything around the house. I'm only so handy- and Logan is even less so. lol

Shannon said...

He's the man! I'm impressed...it couldn't have been an easy job. I'm sure Dave would've thrown something at it in frustrated defeat hours before it was finished, had he been the one with the task. LOL I admire Damon's perseverence.