Trevor wasn't so happy Shane was leaving him again for school. He also wasn't happy he couldn't play on the playground!
I cannot believe how grown-up he is! Loving his proud smile.
Daddy and Trevor our new special buddies. While Shane and I are at school on Damon's days off they will be together. Trevor is excited to have Daddy all to himself and loved going to get donuts and chocolate milk while Shane and I were working away at school! I was happy to come home to clean carpets and a clean car! Damon made it nice and relaxing to come home to a clean house!

Now this is the part where all the other parents had to say good-bye and stand outside the door. However, since I'm a teacher and an interventionist for Kindergarten with no kids to help yet Shane's teacher asked me to come in and help them get settled!!! I loved watching him and his unsure demeanor as he entered and sat on the run. He had a very somber face. Once his teacher started talking and singing and telling them she's the queen of the classroom and talking like a queen his face began to light up with smiles and he was starting to relax in his environment.
Now this is the part where all the other parents had to say good-bye and stand outside the door. However, since I'm a teacher and an interventionist for Kindergarten with no kids to help yet Shane's teacher asked me to come in and help them get settled!!! I loved watching him and his unsure demeanor as he entered and sat on the run. He had a very somber face. Once his teacher started talking and singing and telling them she's the queen of the classroom and talking like a queen his face began to light up with smiles and he was starting to relax in his environment.
As a teacher I was proud of the way he was sitting. Quietly and tall. He listened to directions and raised his hand to help. He was the lucky boy to be the example to show the kids how to go from their desk to the rug and sit quietly. He did a perfect job but forgot to push in his chair just like many other kids. Once Mrs. Stemp had all the kids seated on the rug she walked past Shane's chair and pretended to trip and fall over it! She fell right to the ground pretended to be hurt and dramatically called for the kids! Most were laughing and came to help but Shane had a look of concern because it was his chair! Once he realized it was on purpose he laughed. I'm sure they will all always remember to push in their chairs now.
The day went fast and before we knew it we were done! We stayed awhile so I could get some things done and I felt guilty leaving since no other teachers were leaving! Shane was glad to have his first day of Kindergarten down and only 179 more days! It was a perfect day to a perfect year!

Emotions were high today, but there were no tears. Shane said he almost cried in the middle of class but "sucked it up!" As for me, the Mommy, I sucked it up too! I couldn't cry because I was at work. I was helping other sad Kindergartners and I couldn't cry along with them! I was testing. I was making copies. I was on lunch duty. I didn't have time to cry, which was perfect. The time I had to fight the tears back the most was when I picked Shane up and he smiled proud that he finished his first day of school.
Emotions were high today, but there were no tears. Shane said he almost cried in the middle of class but "sucked it up!" As for me, the Mommy, I sucked it up too! I couldn't cry because I was at work. I was helping other sad Kindergartners and I couldn't cry along with them! I was testing. I was making copies. I was on lunch duty. I didn't have time to cry, which was perfect. The time I had to fight the tears back the most was when I picked Shane up and he smiled proud that he finished his first day of school.

8 comments:
I had such a fun day!! Shane made me so proud. Thanks for all you do Tricia. Did you ever think life could be so good when we would hold hands at school and you try to kiss me 16 years ago?? I have no regrets! Life is beyond sweet.
Shane looks so grown up! I'm so glad the day for each of you went smoothly! Kelsie was so excited after school to tell me that she saw you at lunch. You picked a great guy to marry, having the house and car all clean when you got home, too!
Such an emotional day!! He looks so cute! That is awesome that you get to be a school with him! Good luck to both of you!!
Well I am crying for you. I have these great big tears and I don't have the pregnancy excuse like Ashley. Shane is such big boy! I don't know why I am so emotional about this post - maybe because Rylan and Shane have similar personalities - hopefully she will be as excited for kindergarten; she's been asking to go since she was 3. I am so happy that you both made if through the day with big smiles. So proud of Shane and proud of you too - I only hope to be as strong as you next year! Damon is such a sweetheart to you! As you already know, you married a great guy! And Trevor must be stoked to have donuts and brownies all day long with Daddy :)
I don't think there can be a cuter kid in a uniform! What an awesome kid you have and what an awesome set of parents he has! Great job, Shane!
Oh my goodness!!! I want to hug both of you!!!! That is so cute!!!! That is so sweet how reacted to the teacher tripping over his chair! I can picture it!!!!! He is such a sweetheart! That is hilarious that she did that!! What a cute teacher! I can't believe how perfect your schedule is! SO NICE!
I am glad that Shane loved school and that is awesome that you get to be right there. It kind of reminds me when I was in Primary and was right there with my kids watching them enjoy Primary. Tell Shane he wears the same color uniforms that Madisyn gets to wear to Jr. High....Maroon and tan or black or white shirts. Awesome!!!!
SO CUTE! What a big boy!!!
I'm impressed that he let you take that many pictures of him. I was lucky to get ONE in front of the school...Allie was "all business."
And ditto about how cute his "uniform" looks!
Post a Comment