Shane has been so excited for his birthday. He went right to sleep so when he woke up it would be his birthday. When Damon came home from work and gave him a kiss Shane woke up and said, "Daddy, tomorrow when I wake up it's my birthday." Then went right back to sleep. Little did he know it WAS tomorrow and it's his birthday.
As soon as he woke up he came running down the stairs all excited then took one look around and started to cry! I had put up a birthday banner up last night but in between sobs Shane kept saying where are all the things on the wall and people. He was looking for party decorations and birthday party guests! **NOTE TO DAMON: See he does LOVE his parties and all the work I put into them! Poor disappointed birthday boy. I keep trying to explain to him that he get TWO special days but he doesn't care. I have a fun day planned for him with friends Chuck E. Cheese, toy shopping and dinner with Dad but he doesn't seem to care without the friends and birthday cake! He has talked me into getting a Nothing Bundt Cake. Well, it didn't take that much convincing! What a spoiled 4 year old but he loves that cake!
After the tears I told him about the day he was born which is his favorite story. He laughed as I held him like a baby and told him how he had one eye closed like Baby Pirate Shane and said ARRR to his Doctors! He was starting to cheer up and wanted his birthday to start so I made him our traditional birthday pancakes and sang Happy Birthday.
I can't believe he is 4! Where is my little Shane he is so grown up now!
Once the pancakes were over Trevor wanted ice cream and I told Shane he got to decide if we could have ice cream with breakfast and guess what he decided?!?!?
Trevor had been crying since pancakes because he wanted "Happy Birthday to you" on his food so I finally gave in. In the picture he is telling me "More Birthday MOM!!"
Happy 4th Birthday Shaners!

6 comments:
Poor Shane!!! What a heartbreak! I think you fixed things, though. Who wouldn't love a mom who allowed her kids ice cream for breakfast? Seriously, so fun! And I'm with Shane . . . bundt cakes are the best!
Happy Birthday, Shane! 4 is a very FUN age to be.
Moose & family
Poor SHANE! I guess you need to specify the difference between birthDAY, and birthday PARTY. That first picture, with him crying and the birthday sign hanging in the background...CLASSIC! I LOVE IT!!
Glad to see that his day picked up...good job Mom!
WE LOVE YOU SHANE! Four years old...wow, you are so big! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
He is so cute! I am sure he ended up having the best birthday! We love you Shane! Happy Birthday!
OHhhhh, Shane.....the disappointment of it all...But once he realizes he "get's 2 B'day's" he may be OK with it. He told me on the phone this am, "Daddy doesn't like to decorate" but apparently a little SOMEONE LOVES and appreciates all those beautiful decorations that his Mommy does for him. That's nice to know, isn't it? Makes all the work, worthwhile! We can't wait to come to your party next week, Shane! Happy Fourth B'day! We love you!
Silly Shanners....that is funny though..."where are all the things on the wall and the people" that cracks me up. I'm glad you were able to turn that frown upside down and have a good day.Happy Birthday SHANE!
Post a Comment